• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theme Cruises - What Would You Enjoy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme Cruises - What Would You Enjoy?

Hi A few cruises have a common theme eg gardening etc. Are you are a fan of this type of vacation and more importantly if you could select a theme for a cruise what would it be? On a personal level I would enjoy a cruise which involved heavy metal music. I know a cruise line (I can't remember which and fully booked up before I found out) had Kiss onboard, I suspect many experienced cruisers would avoid this cruise.
    Last edited by JOHN B SLOOP, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 26th June 2013, 03:00 PM.

Mine would be a Symphony Orchestra playing theme music from the Cinema ,preferably John Williams, but popular classics would do.
    I would quite fancy a Big Band cruise it is realy something when the Celebrity band have a big band concert ....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

I'd like to do Joco Cruise Crazy, but the cost of a 6-night Caribbean cruise is pretty huge when you factor flights for such a short trip.

We might try and incorporate it in to a longer trip to the United States. We shall see!
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

I would love live theatre a good play , and how about a nice bouncy musical which would included any guests who wanted to be in the show, I always fancied myself in the chorus line, but I don't think I could achieve the high kicks now.
        What about a show on the lines such as Britain's got talent? CG
        sigpic

Comment

You know that's why I like to go to the staff show on Princess, a bit of everything would be great say:

Big band one night
          Rock
          Cinema (for those ships without MUTS)
          Theatre
          Musicals (like excerpts from the big shows)
          Different good professional singers
          Comedy
          Variety

And so on ....

Comment

I'd like to go on an 'Art Deco' 1920s-1940s themed cruise probably on a Cunard ship as I believe the decor would be harmonious. They could have lectures about the origins of Art Deco and the best places to visit with the best architecture and interiors, costume balls for the ladies to dress in period costumes, bands playing music from that era, Agatha Christie's 'Poirot' plays on in the theatre, whodunnit games instead of the normal trivia. The list is endless.

Just think this style epitomises when cruising was at its most elegant and luxurious and with not too much effort it could be turned into a proper cruise theme.

Comment

Being a big Moody Blues fan....saw them last week at Bournemouth this would be a great cruise for me.
              Saw this on the back of a fan's t-shirt who had attended this years cruise.
              The Moody Blues Cruise • Coming Soon

Regards
              Garfield

Comment

Having a love of dancing then it has to be that.

It was very pleasing to see the 'strictly Come Dancing' team arriving with their wardrobes on Ventura Monday.

Indeed, they got to work early and had a selection of winning ladies various dresses on display in the Atrium before we departed.

Comment

Moody Blues cruise would suit me! looked at some footage on youtube featuring a cruise they have recently just performed on 'looks very good'

Comment

We went on a Really Big Chorus cruise in 2006.....there were 130 people who learnt British Folk songs and works by Elgar over the week. I think there was about 180 of us with non-singing partners. We loved it, and have thought about doing one of these again.
                    Jo.

Comment

Naturist.
                      Not in a weirdo type of way
                      But wife would certainly veto that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
                        We went on a Really Big Chorus cruise in 2006.....there were 130 people who learnt British Folk songs and works by Elgar over the week. I think there was about 180 of us with non-singing partners. We loved it, and have thought about doing one of these again.
                        My wife would love that too Jo
                        Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                          Being a big Moody Blues fan....saw them last week at Bournemouth this would be a great cruise for me.
                          Saw this on the back of a fan's t-shirt who had attended this years cruise.
                          The Moody Blues Cruise • Coming Soon

Regards
                          Garfield
                          Is Denny Laine back with them Garf?
                          Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                            Is Denny Laine back with them Garf?
                            Hi Wilba
                            Good memory ..he was only with the band for a couple of years and before my time of following...only Hayward, Lodge and Edge left nowadays and Graham Edge just about makes it through a 2 hour gig..
                            He keeps time and they have another drummer for the more energetic stuff.
                            Still a good show though and thoroughly recommend it if anybodys a Moodies fan.
                            Regards
                            Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                              Hi Wilba
                              Good memory ..he was only with the band for a couple of years and before my time of following...only Hayward, Lodge and Edge left nowadays and Graham Edge just about makes it through a 2 hour gig..
                              He keeps time and they have another drummer for the more energetic stuff.
                              Still a good show though and thoroughly recommend it if anybodys a Moodies fan.
                              Regards
                              Garfield
                              Laines vocal on Go Now was the best thing they done for me.

I used to watch Denny Laine and the Diplomats in the local pubs. Bev Bevan was their drummer in those days.........Wilba
                              Wilba

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X