• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween on a cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween on a cruise

Last year we disembarked on Halloween, 31 October from Queen Victoria. The ships chefs and all the crew were preparing for a Halloween celebration as the atrium was being turned into a graveyard/pumpkin patch. I was sad to be getting off the ship when it looked to be going to be an extravaganza.
    I realised afterwards we will embarking on Celebrity Equinox on Halloween night this year. Halloween is celebrated here in Northern Ireland and in the Isle of man but not so much in England. Im hoping, since Celebrity has a US clientele too, that there may be some celebrations. If not a Halloween ball, some kind of themed night.
    Has anyone enjoyed a Halloween night onboard a ship? What can I expect? Will there be anyone knocking on my stateroom door trick or treating?
    I once enjoyed a "Fright Night" Halloween night at Universal studios in Florida it was great fun!
    Heather

Hi I have been on two cruises on Halloween (Golden Princess and Arcadia) both were decorated in an appropriate manner. The entertainment staff on both dressed in witch/warlock attire. Few Brtiish passengers on P&O'a Arcadia bothered to dress in theme clothes. This was in stark contrast to the US passengers on Princess, many adults as well as the few children onboard dressed up. Not been accustomed to US Halloween traditions I was surprised that the adults dressed in a variety of fancy dress including The Flintstones, Blue Brothers etc., as well as witches/vampires. Nobody trick or treated (if they did I was not in the cabin).
    Last edited by Alan, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 5th October 2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Is ‘Halloween’ not a celebration of the occult? Is it an appropriate theme for us God fearing folk?
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Oliver, Essex View Post
        Is ‘Halloween’ not a celebration of the occult? Is it an appropriate theme for us God fearing folk?
        Not something that I will ever celebrate. It might have it's base origins in the occult but I am convinced that these days it is mainly a commercial venture for retailers. Why not, if they need it, just not for me though.

Comment

We disembarked the Jade last year on Hallowe'en and it was clear that a party was in store for the next cohort! Sad to have missed it! :ohwel:

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X