• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUI River cruises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUI River cruises

Hi all
    TUI have announced its entering into the river cruise market starting next summer
    Lets see if their prices are competitive.
    Itinararies and prices are out on Thursday 25th April.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/crui...-2020-14322034
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Since they went AI on the Marella ocean they are squeezing the prices up.
    The river should be OK.

TUI cruises have OK prices and products Germany is the main market.

Comment

• barb67, markyate
      barb67, markyate commented
      Editing a comment
      Heard that they may be using much older ships than the current main river companies. We're going in June with Riviera Travel for 2nd time and they are very competitively priced with great modern ships.
      Barb

Think that my previous comment may not be entirely accurate on further investigation and my informant (a TUI employee) may have been spinning me a line
    Barb

Comment

The 3 ships and itineraries are on the web site

From £900pppw(cruise only) many are £1,100-£1,300 some up to £2k with flights.
      AI option £100pppw
      £120pp shorex credit.

Comment

I refreshed my TUI account marketing preferences yesterday and today I got a mini brochure in the post for the river cruises and some Tours that TUI do.

The cheapest in the brochure(22/3/19) is a 29 March 2020 Bavarian Discovery 7n/8days inc flights and transfers £1099 for a superior cabin, on line this is now £1298.

this is the full blurb( drinks with meals included that probably explains why the AI was cheap).
        Our river cruises combine standout service and culture-packed excursions with nightly entertainment and a choice of restaurants and lounges. All our ships are adults only, and there’s a maximum of 155 guests onboard at any time, so you can be sure that you’ll have your own space. It’s not just the cruise that’s included with your package, either – your flights, transfers, three meals with drinks per day, your tips, and your luggage allowance all come as standard. Plus, you’ll get £120 of excursion credit per person, to use towards our range of tours.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X