• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Polo its not the Queen Mary but Hail mary its worth a trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marco Polo its not the Queen Mary but Hail mary its worth a trip

Just back of a 3 nighter on the Marco Polo. This was our eleventh cruise and our cheapest but couldnt resist it having spent an enjoyable visit on the marco at Tilbury for lunch and a show.We booked there and then for the 3 nighter to Amersterdam and Antwerp with the full knowlege that this would be no 5 star trip. Having been on the Azamara Quest (which features recently) 2 x Celebrity - Hal Ryndam - P&O Azura etc we knew the difference but hey whats not to enjoy if you have the right frame of mind. £199 for an upgraded inside cabin
    that was clean,spacious enough for us and fairly silent 610 cabin up front -- not found on the Ryndam as we were woken every morning when they docked through various machinery cranking and banging away -- problems uumm the shower which either froze your nuts or burnt your bum as you turned each time temperature dropped or raised itself so you had to push the nozzle away.Food lunch time was poor qaulity,as was the first dinner but then on the Gala dinner was good as was the last dinner - the drinks reasonable
    and I enjyed their draft beer and found the wine at £22 a bottle to be good value on a cruise ship.The shows were fairly good but couldnt compete with the great entertainment that the staff provided in the rear main dance area - blues brother night - Abba night and a sixties night had the lounge rocking -- we had fun - it wasnt the Queen Mary - but we had good value for money and a laugh.

Thanks for that Cobra, we will be onboard for 8 nights in June.

Comment

We are on board next week. There is also a 1 nighter that looks good which I found here. Cruise & Maritime Voyages - Silver Travel Advisor
      Fossil1

Comment

we are going on the one nighter ideal way to spend a bank holiday weekend
        Haggis

Comment

£79 to include I night on board to Newcastle, fuel surcharge, coach trip back to Tilbury, tour of York etc is great value.
          Last edited by Fossil1, London; 26th April 2012, 05:47 PM.
          Fossil1

Comment

Now back from our trip to Antwerp. What great value for money this ship is. The shows put some cruise lines to shame. Here is the link to my review and pictures.Marco Polo to Antwerp | MV Marco Polo, , - Silver Travel Advisor
            Fossil1

Comment

Got back from the 1 night to Newcastle. Had a great time well worth doing and shall be looking for some other ones.
              Haggis

Comment

Yep, I found MP to be great value too, as long as you don't expect 5 star. Give her a try!
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Marco Polo is a favourite of mine. Sailed with her often when she belonged to Orient Lines. Am certainly thinking abour another trip on her especially after a disastrous cruise on the first sailing of Thomson Majesty

Comment

Originally posted by Seagirl, Glasgow View Post
                    Marco Polo is a favourite of mine. Sailed with her often when she belonged to Orient Lines. Am certainly thinking abour another trip on her especially after a disastrous cruise on the first sailing of Thomson Majesty
                    I also had 3 or 4 great cruises on board Marco Polo when she belonged to Orient Lines. The ship had some really good itineraries and the night life was brilliant.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X