• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Cruise experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Cruise experience

Hello.

I have returned from my first cruise, with my partner and her family (all have 7 cruises under their belts).

P&O Azura, I found was a great ship. Of the Greek Island we visited Mykonos was my favourite. The weather we experienced was hotter than we expected reaching 26 degrees some days. Entertainment was great, favorites included Jeff Stevenson (comedian) Annaliza Ching (Violinist).

My partner was concerned I would get bored on sea days, however with talks on, camera hints , crime writers, and quizzes, I never found time to read let alone get bored.

I paid £75 to take part in behind the scenes tour, fantastic , it lasted 4 hours and was really worth it.

After 2 days at sea sailing from Southampton in April, I posted on Facebook that 2 things to do on arrival home will be lose the weight I gained and start saving for the next cruise.
    Last edited by essexbill, Dronfield; 7th May 2016, 06:33 AM.

Welcome to cruise addicts anonymous. Glad you enjoyed. Now to plan the next one!

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise, I'm a fan of Azura too. It is very addictive, so happy cruising .............................Carol

Comment

Welcome home, I am so pleased you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for coming back and sharing, hope you will continue to join in

Comment

Welcome home. There are two things to remember about cruising, one is that it is often addictive and the other is the your clothes shrink during the cruise. Happy future cruising.
          Oriana
          Oceana
          Ventura
          Queen Mary 2
          Queen Victoria
          Queen Elizabeth

Comment

So glad that you had a great time. Have you started planning your next cruise yet??!

Comment

That Azura cruise to the Greek Islands appears to have been a success for many people- so glad you enjoyed it.
              Jo.

Comment

So glad you enjoyed your first cruise and welcome to the CAA club!
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Thanks all.

We have been considering the Baltics next year.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Comment

Hello and welcome , we were on this wonderful cruise also, plenty of sunshine and a lovely relaxing cruise, we did the Baltics many years ago, but 2 years ago sailed on the Oriana to the Arctic Circle another wonderful cruise with wall to wall sunshine. CG
                    sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X