• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Caribbean - Allure of the seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Caribbean - Allure of the seas

Hi

Just joined Im Kate and myself and my husband are one week away from our first ever cruise, going on the Allure of the seas around the western caribbean - so excited. Has anyone been on this cruise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kate x

Welcome aboard kate.

You have certainly picked an amazing ship for your first cruise! A couple of years ago I cruised on Oasis's, Allure's identical sister (well almost identical). There are many reviews on this web site.

I wrote a very extensive review mainly about the ship, rather than the ports. It may help you by telling you what to expect:

Oasis of the Seas Ship Review � Malcolm Oliver's Cruiseblog
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Hello Malcolm,

thanks for the welcome

yes i know start big then go down ships.

Oh i will have a read of that thanks

Kate

Comment

HI kate, start big and work down,,,,,hummmmmm...think you are going to totally wowed by this ship..we are going on the Oasis in November and can't wait...here's aling which is a great site anyway Allure of the Seas Profile Page and Guide also read Malcolms make sure you have some good walking shoes lol....good luck ...Brian

Comment

Hi Brian

Yes i think we are of what we have seen and watched

yes good idea on the shoes lol

Where you going to in November?

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by MrsH1809, Warrington View Post
            yes i know start big then go down ships.
            To be honest Kate I love the facillities and 'wow' factor of the big ships and the charm and intimacy of older/smaller ships.

So many ships, so little time!
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Hi Brian

Yes i think we are of what we have seen and watched

yes good idea on the shoes lol

Where you going to in November?

Kate
              Hi kate well its the one who's the boss 50th So we will be going on a transatlantic from Southampton To Ft Lauderdale (love transatlantic) on the Crown Princess, first time on Princess, well a longer cruise we did a 4 night one last year and enjoyed so we booked this one to try, then we will be going straight onto the Oasis of the seas, Haiti Well there own part of it(labadee) Jamaica(not really looking forward to this island but the boss needs to remeber someone and said if she ever gets there she will write his name in the sand at Montego bay as he always wanted to go there) then Cozumel,mexico....so hopefully should be good

Comment

We sailed on Allure last summer, but the Eastern route. On the Western route your best stop is Labadee IMO. Last time there we did the Jetski tour. I don't care for Jamaica, I would recommend taking an organized tour wherever you want to go. We did Dunn's river last time, and then went to Margaritaville.
                Cozumel is a great resort. So many things to do. We usually manage to do some shopping downtown, eat at Pancho's backyard and go to a beach such as Nachi Cocum, or Playa Mia. Best excursion we ever did there was the Royal Swim with dolphins at Chankanaab Park- boooked directly with Swim with Dolphins at Dolphin Discovery and we just got a cab to the park for $10. Still an expensive day, specially if you buy the photos and DVD they make, but still cheaper to do it that way than through the cruise line.
                Allure is a fabulous ship, make sure you book all the entertainments online before your cruise. The comedy club is very small and gets booked up quickly. The Aquatheatre was stunning, the best show I have seen on a ship. The ice shows are always brilliant. We did the
                Rita's cantina Fiesta which was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
                  We sailed on Allure last summer, but the Eastern route. . We did the
                  Rita's cantina Fiesta which was a lot of fun.
                  OK Cruise Fairy what is Rita's cantina Fiesta...

Comment

QUOTE=Brian, Swinton;509904]OK Cruise Fairy what is Rita's cantina Fiesta...[/QUOTE]

Rita's Cantina is the Mexican restaurant on Allure. They have Fiesta evenings there- for $20 each you get 3 Margaritas or drink of your choice, a nice Mexican meal and entertainment- singalong, dancing in the aisles, boisterous fun from the bar staff.. We had a really good time!

You can also eat there at any other time, for a fee of (?) $3pp if I remember right. I love Mexican food so went a few times.

Comment

Hi

Just joined Im Kate and myself and my husband are one week away from our first ever cruise, going on the Allure of the seas around the western caribbean - so excited. Has anyone been on this

Kate x
                      Hi Kate,

We did The Western Caribbean on The Oasis last year and had a wonderful cruise. These ships are really amazing. One thing I would say though, on the recommendation if an American gentleman we me on another cruise, we pre booked as much as possible before we went. It made it so easy rather than trying to get tickets for the shows when we got on the ship. We even pre booked our speciality restaurants and got a couple of good deals. Worth thinking about.

Have a fantastic cruise,

Joan

Comment

Here she is at Port Everglades, over on the right - she leaves at 5pm...

Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Web Cam

Comment

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
                          Here she is at Port Everglades, over on the right - she leaves at 5pm...

Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Web Cam
                          Just watched her go out, what gorgeous weather there today,,, don't see what the fuss is all about, it's not that big lol.....can you hire one of them segways to get about on her!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
                            Just watched her go out, what gorgeous weather there today,,, don't see what the fuss is all about, it's not that big lol.....can you hire one of them segways to get about on her!!!!
                            I wish! I could have used one, I felt like I was walking all week long!
                            Brian- if you watch next Sunday at 4pm you will see Ruby Princess pull out- you can see how close the Princess piers are to the Allure of the Seas at terminal 18...

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X