• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Wipes and first time cruisers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wet Wipes and first time cruisers

    One tip I have not found, but I think it is worth a mention.

    On board, in the shower there is a notice about the sanitary flushing system. We all know nobody reads notices, but that one IS important.

    If you use wet wipes, it's best to leave them at home.The only acceptable, flushable toilet paper is that provided by the cruise line. Anything else often causes a blockage. It won't only be your toilet affected; it could be the whole line.

    Possibly there will be some stories told by other well travelled people, who may confirm this tip.

    Redstripe 2

    #2
    We have always read the notices. This info has been in the bathroom on all the ships we have been on. It is to everyones advantage to take note of all that is in your cabin and in the daily newsletter.
    Last edited by Calgray, Yorkshire; 15th June 2012, 04:19 PM.
    sigpic*Carol M*

    Comment


      #3
      wet ones do not just block up cruise line toilets they also block up house toilets.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

      Comment


        #4
        Indeed

        Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
        wet ones do not just block up cruise line toilets they also block up house toilets.

        I have just been warned about this. £400 Dynorod bill and could come from neighbours wipes/cotton buds etc.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
          wet ones do not just block up cruise line toilets they also block up house toilets.
          I agree. There again, I can think of many other things that would cause blockages, particularly, whilst onboard. I would have thought from the OP that common sense would apply from the off - whether a first time cruiser or not.
          PM
          CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
          OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
          VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
          VENTURA Feb 2014

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by emmac, hexham View Post
            I have just been warned about this. £400 Dynorod bill and could come from neighbours wipes/cotton buds etc.
            someone in our street uses them and it blocks up the drains but luckily enough I live in the house next door the the house that the drain ends. our neighbour has had to get the drains unblocked several times due to wet wipes.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Redstripe 2, Rushden View Post
              One tip I have not found, but I think it is worth a mention.

              On board, in the shower there is a notice about the sanitary flushing system. We all know nobody reads notices, but that one IS important.

              If you use wet wipes, it's best to leave them at home.The only acceptable, flushable toilet paper is that provided by the cruise line. Anything else often causes a blockage. It won't only be your toilet affected; it could be the whole line.

              Possibly there will be some stories told by other well travelled people, who may confirm this tip.

              Redstripe 2
              the cardboard middle of toilet rolls also blocks it up if you don't rip it into small pieces.
              brian

              Comment


                #8
                Las week on the Grand Princess the Captain mentioned the toilet flushing system during the life boat drill.
                He said if you hadn't eaten it or drunk it do not put it down the toilet. Good advice I thought.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The only things that should be flushed down the toilet are toilet paper and bodily waste. Nothing else!
                  2018-
                  Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

                  2019 -
                  NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                  Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

                  2020 -
                  Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

                  Comment


                  We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.


                  By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

                  Working...
                  X