• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi,1st time cruiser on norwegin epic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,1st time cruiser on norwegin epic

Hi just booked the epic for 3rd June 2012, are honeymoon never been on a cruise before, so well looking forward to it. Just looking for some tips to do on board & off. Is it best paying tips before going on? Also I dint get the paying restaurants were it's says 10/15/20$ per person extra, is that just to eat there then you pay for the food or is that what you pay? Am on deck 8044 if anybody been close to that cabin, is it any good!! Is it a good ship & any help of anybody would be great. Thanks for anybody's help, can't wait for nxt ye now.
    Thanks Jay.

Hi Jay, you have certainly picked an impressive 'floating resort' for your first cruise.
    • It's a great ship if it is offering the type of experience you want but it is other people's worse nightmare! (See the reviews on this site). If you want plenty of 'action' you will love it.

• I like to pre-pay tips (they are not really a crew bonus, they are the majority of the crews wages!)

• Half the dining rooms are free, the others generally to have a fixed surcharge, per person, to eat in them. (A few speciality dishes carry another fee on top).

• All of the cabins are VERY stylish although most are quite narrow. Deck 8 is fine, as all the decks are.

• Do pre-book your entertainment. The Blue Man Group a must see, but they are not everybody’s cup of tea. The Circus show is great.

• Do tell NCL that it is for your honeymoon.

Do read my very comprehensive review here: Norwegian Epic (2011) – The Definitive Review � Malcolm Oliver's Cruiseblog
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 7th October 2011, 11:51 AM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

hi Jay welcome to the forum.

my friend is just off the Epic from her first cruise and enjoyed herself. she said the ship is so big that she didn't have time to see all of it in her 7 night cruise.

she pre booked the circus restaurant and loved it. she enjoyed the food in all restaurants. the price you pay for speciality restaurants eg $5, $10, $20pp is for everything that you eat, wine etc is extra. remember there are plenty of free restaurants onboard where all food is included.

remember that 15% is added to all drinks, this is the waiters 'tip'.

hope you have a great cruise and honeymoon.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hi, have a good cruise.........................

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X