• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, first cruise and confused!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
    Zoe
    We have sailed on both RCI IOS and P&O Ventura. No we are not young, but as a young couple, in my opinion, you would enjoy either ship, in the way of facilities and entertainment on board. However for food, silver service, and as you say the little touches, bed turned down at night, chocolate on the pillow, biscuits in your cabin, to have with your tea or coffee, replenished as fast as you can eat them. China cups in your cabin, not cardboard or plastic etc, etc. It also has a nice couple of alternative eating restaurants open at night.
    Lower on board costs, such as free shuttle buses, also lower drink costs.
    Hello Zoe, whilst we have never sailed on IOS we have done many cruises with RCI as well as sailing with P&O. I agree with all that Delboy says and would add that my wife and I both like having a laundry/ironing room on most decks of Ventura. However I would add that whilst the drinks are cheaper on Ventura I don't think that the measures relating to spirits are as large. I also don't think that the choice of food is as good on Ventura as on RCI both in the main dining rooms or the buffets. Finally, it certainly does not in my opinion have the ability to impress visually as do the RCI ships. As you will appreciate this is only my opinion and I am sure that which ever one you choose you will have a good time.
    Fossil1

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X