• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time cruising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time cruising

Hi can anybody tell me what to expect and what should we do after we have found our cabins ie any trips ect.
    We are sailing on the thomson dream the end of this month.

Welcome

Once you have settled in your cabin...you can spend time having a good walk around the ship to make yourself feel more at ease and hopefully you will not get lost:D..
    It can happen.........these ships are very large and have lots of places to relax/swim/shop etc.
    If you are booking any trips.maybe go on the website and do alot of reading up on where they are going to and choose something to suit you.

You can do this yourself,or book it through your T A too...or I would imagine onboard ship if you want.
    We have never done a Thomson ship so I am sure there will be others offering you more advice real soon.
    Happy sailing.
    some call me Mrs Early Bird......:p

oooo and I guess we want a badge too.
    Adventure Oct 2011,Indy Feb 2012. Allure Aug 2012.

Comment

Not sure exactly what you mean, you will be booking your excursions on board the ship. If you are sailing from Palma the ship is moored a couple of miles down the coast with not a lot to see. You can pick up a taxi to the main centre but this will depend on your arrival time in Palma.
      There is lots to see on the ship and as you will get lost on board and so much to see I usually find it preferable to have a good scout round at this stage.

One of the most enjoyable excursions on my cruise in majorca is the trip up into the mountains on an old woooden train to Soller a very pretty little spanish village that still retains its traditional ways. I would highly recommend this probably when you return on your last day depending on your disembarking time from the ship,i.e. the tour gets you back on the ship about 1pm if you have to leave later in the day then you can squeeze this one in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue, Grimsby View Post
        If you are booking any trips.maybe go on the website and do alot of reading up on where they are going to and choose something to suit you.

You can do this yourself,or book it through your T A too...or I would imagine onboard ship if you want.
        We have never done a Thomson ship so I am sure there will be others offering you more advice real soon.
        Happy sailing.
        You will find that you cannot book excursions on Thomson ships until you have boarded. There will be a booking form in your cabin, or you can organize them at the excursion desk. You will have details of the excursions sent to you before you depart to help you decide.
        Last edited by Jon, Birmingham; 4th August 2010, 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by mike, barnsley View Post
          Hi can anybody tell me what to expect and what should we do after we have found our cabins ie any trips ect.
          We are sailing on the thomson dream the end of this month.
          where are you going mike we are going for 2 weeks 31st august we go from palma to minorca rome barcelona tunisia is this the same one? some of the trips are being cancelled and transferred to somewhere else which we are very annoyed about spoke to thomsons its up to the captain wether you go or dont!!you can leave the ship and go into palma which if you are only doing a week might be worth considering we will be staying on board to familiarise ourselves have you read the latest reviewson the dream there are alot of good reports but also a lot of bad ones dont want to upset you but i would read these before you go!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X