• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine...no choice of menu!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry you had to go through all that Malcolm if only to warn us all off from ever booking with CroisiEurope. Sounds horrendous.

Not just the menu thing but the whole attitude of the staff is enough to put me off and to be fair on our Yacht cruise earlier this year, there was not choice of meal - always a set menu of three single course, starterm main and dessert with no choice but always readily accepted by everyone and no-one complained, so it can be done.

Comment

I have done a number of river cruises, the last a month ago, and with various companies. Some have been better than others.

Like ocean cruises I think it is important to do some research and choose a line that is right for you. They vary, as do ocean ships and also land hotels.

Comment

Thanks for the interesting read - now know which line to avoid.

Are you sure it wasn't a 'Fawlty Towers' themed Cruise?

We have been on a Danube cruise with Emerald which was excellent and have a Rhine trip planned. Good to hear what you think of the Douro.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
          Like ocean cruises I think it is important to do some research and choose a line that is right for you. They vary, as do ocean ships and also land hotels.
          Agreed! I did do my research, but it did NOT reveal the true extent of the poor experience that I would receive.

It's difficult to capture the beauty of the Douro with a camera, but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IUaIR2nwMw
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

That does NOT sound like a pleasant river cruise. Not for me. I enjoyed reading your review Malcolm. Thanks for that. Jan.

Comment

Oh dear Malcolm . I’m Veggie, celiac and have an extreme dislike of cigarette smoke Sounds like a nightmare to me!

Comment

Cruising friends took the same trip two years ago and were quite impressed. They said that there was a choice of three main courses at dinner, but appetizers and desserts were set. Maybe, in common with other cruises corners have been cut since then. They thought it was value for money and plan to use CroisEurope again. I hope they won’t be disappointed.
                Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
                  They said that there was a choice of three main courses at dinner, but appetizers and desserts were set.
                  That would have been acceptable to me.

They actually have 'standard' and 'premium' ships. Maybe part of the difference is: 'no menu"?

I recently got four choices of hot meal on a flight, in economy!

Comment

Here is the boat: https://youtu.be/j3B_u2IhcI4

Although a little dated, the problem was NOT the boat, it was the on-board experience.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X