• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard prices don't add up!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunard prices don't add up!!!

I rang Cunard to book a last minute cruise, from LosAngeles to Sydney. The price on Cunard website for inside cabin was £ 1269.00 including flights from London. As I am a single traveller, the price ,with single supplement jumped to a WHOPPING £ 4500.00. I double checked again ,and it was still the same.I am used to paying around 50 to 100 % surcharge, but not to this extent. iIt would pay me to book and pay for two people ! Then travel alone! Someone in Cunard can't count, or don't they want single passengers?

That is standard practice with some cruise lines unfortunately.

They advertise 'special' or 'guarantee cabin' fares that only apply to a 2 person booking.

For a solo price they will charge the standard cabin price and then apply the solo penalty.

Cruise lines who treat solos like that - I vote with my wallet.

Annie

Comment

Thanks for your comment, however , there is NO logical answer to the fact that it would be cheaper to book for two people, in double occupancy, and then I would travel alone. I could say the ghost booking became ill, or some other excuse. Can you get Cunard to justify that??.m

Comment

Originally posted by r-gilliland, lisburn View Post
        Thanks for your comment, however , there is NO logical answer to the fact that it would be cheaper to book for two people, in double occupancy, and then I would travel alone. I could say the ghost booking became ill, or some other excuse. Can you get Cunard to justify that??.m
        Hi

Please don't apply logic - it does not apply to this scenario. The cruise lines are just being greedy.

I have read of people who made a phone double booking and turned up as a solo - sadly I never heard the outcome.

Annie

Comment

I was tracking this cruise as we were hoping to book. It was never less than £2,499 with flights for an inside cabin. Could you perhaps have been quoted cruise only initially and then with flights and single supplement latterly.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X