• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price drops and rebooking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price drops and rebooking

I did something yesterday that I’ve always said I’d never do.
    I cancelled my Anthem of the Seas booking at loss of deposit and then rebooked it straight away at a huge reduction.

It really irks me that US pax can cancel without penalty and that we don’t get that perk in the U.K.

Ive always said I wouldn’t do it out of principle of them keeping my deposit. I’m also one that once booked I don’t keep checking the price. I get that things fluctuate.
    However the last couple of days there’s been talk on Royal forums on Fb of price drops so I had a look.

Im now the proud owner of the exact same cruise for £1300 less than I originally paid. Even factoring in £300 loss of deposit I’ve still saved over £1000.
    That’s better in my stretched pockets than Royals.

Has anyone else ever done the same and if so what did you save?
    Past cruises:
    Carnival Conquest October 2002
    Independence of the Seas October 2012
    Independence of the Seas May 2014
    Explorer of the Seas June 2015
    Norwegian Escape October 2015

Mad not to keep tracking prices when there are savings to be made.

Always worth checking what the cruise line will do even in the UK they will sometimes do a deal for smaller drops upgrades if you add a bit can be acceptable for the big drops, cancel rebook can be better if it would need an upgrade too far.

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
      I did something yesterday that I’ve always said I’d never do.
      I cancelled my Anthem of the Seas booking at loss of deposit and then rebooked it straight away at a huge reduction.

It really irks me that US pax can cancel without penalty and that we don’t get that perk in the U.K.

Ive always said I wouldn’t do it out of principle of them keeping my deposit. I’m also one that once booked I don’t keep checking the price. I get that things fluctuate.
      However the last couple of days there’s been talk on Royal forums on Fb of price drops so I had a look.

Im now the proud owner of the exact same cruise for £1300 less than I originally paid. Even factoring in £300 loss of deposit I’ve still saved over £1000.
      That’s better in my stretched pockets than Royals.

Has anyone else ever done the same and if so what did you save?
      We do get that perk in the UK if we book with a US agent.............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post

We do get that perk in the UK if we book with a US agent.............Wilba
        Give us a clue who to use!

Comment

A cryptic clue to probably the most well known one.

American holiday comes after one when the light is green............?
          Wilba

Comment

I will have to go and think about that

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

I will have to go and think about that
              Break it down, it's not difficult.............Honest!
              Wilba

Comment

Break it down, it's not difficult.............Honest!
                I had, misplaced attempt at humor

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

I had, misplaced attempt at humor

John
                  Aah! I know the feeling. I had that problem on another thread earlier today.................Wilba
                  Wilba

Comment

Hi there..that's not the cruise on 2nd August is it as we've just had an alert on a massive price drop.

And V2G are £700pp dearer on a balcony price than UK agencies and don't offer free parking.

It pays to shop around.

Regards
                    Garf
                    Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 23rd January 2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Cymrucruiser, to good a saving to stick to your principles but I feel your pain

I know the rule is not to check prices but I can never resist a quick look, more often it has crept up so well done for spotting the drop..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                        Hi there..that's not the cruise on 2nd August is it as we've just had an alert on a massive price drop.

And V2G are £700pp dearer on a balcony price than UK agencies and don't offer free parking.

It pays to shop around.

Regards
                        Garf
                        No ours is October
                        Past cruises:

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                          Cymrucruiser, to good a saving to stick to your principles but I feel your pain

I know the rule is not to check prices but I can never resist a quick look, more often it has crept up so well done for spotting the drop..Carol
                          Thanks Carol I was chuffed after I’d got off my soap box about the loss of deposit lol
                          Past cruises:

Comment

Always booked the cruise and been happy with it. On one occasion, when friends had booked ages after us and got a lower price we spoke to Sam at Cruise dot, who fought our corner and got us OBC and an upgrade plus a £400 refund, which made ours the better deal. Thank you Sam.

Comment

Got it! Thanks Wilba

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X