• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know Your Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually only buy stuff if I have OBC. I don’t look at the prices as it’s not my money I’m spending. On Oceania Sirena I bought my daughters handbags and aftershave for eldest for their Christmas with OBC. 😀 I have priced their ‘duty free’ goods but I can usually buy them cheaper at home, so if no OBC then I no buyee.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      When we got home I checked the prices on line and there were a number of retailers on the internet, including Amazon, selling the very same perfume, including free delivery, at typically £5 less than we paid!
      1) Only £5 less, well done!

2) The perfume was free for you!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I like Fossil watches and have seen some lovely ones onboard but even with 20% discount (vat I guess), I can still get them much cheaper locally at the Outlet shop at Gunwharf Quays .
        My best perfume bargain is a bottle of Izzy Miyaki Please Please for $34 on QM2 a couple of years ago. Less then half price and still going, I love it.
        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Warning!!!!! .....possible...... Sexist remark?????

If you have a problem spending OBC just leave it to the ladies. We had $2500 OBC on one cruise and Madam spent all but 75 cents of it. They do not find it difficult. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
            Hi all
            I had £110 OBC on the forum cruise,that was spent on the first 2 days on booze.

JC
            I had used our forum cruise OBC before we left port, but some of it was missing.

Comment

If you have too much ​​​​​some ships will let you transfer/share with others accounts.
              You can pay other people's bills and have them give you cash.

Comment

For all of those that have said they didn't want to leave their OBS to the cruise line, consider this. You are actually making them MORE money by using it because when you use it to buy something they are still making a profit, albeit a smaller profit, but it's a sale that they wouldn't have otherwise got.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                  Hi all
                  I had £110 OBC on the forum cruise,that was spent on the first 2 days on booze.

JC
                  We still had some left after spending on wine in with meals and bar drinks so husband bought some sunglasses. Wouldn't normally spend in the ships shops, only to use up box. The perfume prices are no mess than you can buy anywhere. Until I finished work last week I could go on board P&O ferries during my shift and get 20% discount in the ship. Now that had stopped I night buy a bit on cruise. Talking of box, still waiting for our £20.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X