• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you, as cruisers, despondent about rates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Seabourn are sending out offers weekly at the moment and some reasonable prices as well as:

BOOK BY JULY 31 TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SUMMER OPPORTUNITY SALES EVENT. SPECIAL OFFERS MAY INCLUDE:
    New Special Pricing • Veranda for Ocean View or Up to Three Category Veranda Suite Upgrades* • Up to $500USD Shipboard Credit per Suite* • Up to £650 Air Credit per person* • 300 Minute Internet Package Per Person* • Up to 15% savings on Combination Cruises*

John
    Hi Jihn
    You haven't put any prices.
    Those offers tells me they are struggling for bookings.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

My main gripe with the AI pricing model is that with a 100% solo penalty, I pay twice for my alcohol. That is why on Celebrity I book insides or guarantee cabins,

BTW did Cunard not trial DPs or am I having a senior moment??

Annie
      Hi Annie
      You can book a bare bones cruise now with Celebrity,,,,,no perks.
      JC

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Annie
        JC
        Hi JC

You always could - guarantee cabin??

Annie

Comment

Hi Jihn
          JC
          I agree, I think they are, lots of offers out there if people look, their largest agent is based in Berkshire and has a royal connection, best place to look for deals

John

Comment

Hi Annie
            JC
            The solo penalty on the Edge can be found for less than 50% - I am still not tempted though

Annie

Comment

The solo penalty on the Edge can be found for less than 50% - I am still not tempted though
              S
              Annie
              Hi Annie.
              There's no value in the Edge at the moment,,you could get a last minute inside for less than £900 last month.

I think X is using the weakness of sterling to use Europe cruises as a cash cow,,,cruises from the US are cheap as chips.

I don't like the look of the ship,but most who have sailed on her say she is a beautiful ship inside.

The IV cabins are like marmite.

I have my eye on Infinity next year,Venice to Rome,,,it needs a £400 price drop before I book,I can wait.

The pound might rocket with Boris Johnson as PM..
              JC

Comment

Hi Jihn
                JC
                I have noticed I get the odd cruise line email promotions that have all the discounts and perks but not a price in site.

If anyone thinks there is a deal they are free to post on the deals section with real pricing. 50%off is useless without the what's it off.

And on a more inclusive cruise what is there to spend all this OBC on, give me the money off the fare.

Comment

My main gripe with the AI pricing model is that with a 100% solo penalty, I pay twice for my alcohol. That is why on Celebrity I book insides or guarantee cabins,

BTW did Cunard not trial DPs or am I having a senior moment??

Annie
                  As far as I am aware Cunard do have a drinks package. Currently $69 a day.

Comment

I never really get the I don't like the look of the ship.

You get to see it for a few minites each day in port on return if you get off or look back getting off.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                      I never really get the I don't like the look of the ship.

You get to see it for a few minites each day in port on return if you get off or look back getting off.
                      Hi TD
                      Its only an opinion.I don't have to sit on the dock looking at a ship to say whether i like it or not.

I hate those big car carriers out of Southampton,,,but i used to love the lines of the old Manchester Liners down the Manchester Ship Canal.

I hate some works of art,i love others......its just an opinion.
                      JC

Comment

Hi TD
                        Its only an opinion.I don't have to sit on the dock looking at a ship to say whether i like it or not.

I hate those big car carriers out of Southampton,,,but i used to love the lines of the old Manchester Liners down the Manchester Ship Canal.

I hate some works of art,i love others......its just an opinion.
                        JC
                        A tiny factor when choosing a ship to cruise on

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

I have noticed I get the odd cruise line email promotions that have all the discounts and perks but not a price in site.

If anyone thinks there is a deal they are free to post on the deals section with real pricing. 50%off is useless without the what's it off.

And on a more inclusive cruise what is there to spend all this OBC on, give me the money off the fare.
                          Cruise lines have changed their marketing strategy quite enormously. So many of the "Deals" might come with perks and sometimes an inside cabin price but suddenly you find that Air Fares are not included.

They have decided to do their marketing with overwhelming gimmicks but a distinct lack of important information. I've seen better Double Glazing ads. .......Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                            A lot of cruise liner give offers if dp's, wi-fi and grats making them almost all inclusive.
                            With that came the increase on top of any negative effect if exchange rates.
                            You can blame yourself for that Neil as for ages you asked for All inclusive.

Regards
                            Garfield
                            Well, praise indeed.....were it true

Do you honestly believe that someone like me could influence all cruise lines to that extent?

The cruise lines are changing because marketing measures require it not because they read one or three of my posts but I am proud that you hold me in such esteem,

Gee thanks. .....Neil

Comment

I got a Princess brochure through thr post last week and the prices were nothing short of ridiculous. Who would pay £2795 for a balcony 10 day Med cruise?!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
                                I got a Princess brochure through thr post last week and the prices were nothing short of ridiculous. Who would pay £2795 for a balcony 10 day Med cruise?!
                                They have 7n from £799pp

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X