• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you, as cruisers, despondent about rates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Jihn
    You haven't put any prices.
    Those offers tells me they are struggling for bookings.
    JC
    I have noticed I get the odd cruise line email promotions that have all the discounts and perks but not a price in site.

If anyone thinks there is a deal they are free to post on the deals section with real pricing. 50%off is useless without the what's it off.

And on a more inclusive cruise what is there to spend all this OBC on, give me the money off the fare.

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

The solo penalty on the Edge can be found for less than 50% - I am still not tempted though
    S
    Annie
    Hi Annie.
    There's no value in the Edge at the moment,,you could get a last minute inside for less than £900 last month.

I think X is using the weakness of sterling to use Europe cruises as a cash cow,,,cruises from the US are cheap as chips.

I don't like the look of the ship,but most who have sailed on her say she is a beautiful ship inside.

The IV cabins are like marmite.

I have my eye on Infinity next year,Venice to Rome,,,it needs a £400 price drop before I book,I can wait.

The pound might rocket with Boris Johnson as PM..
    JC

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

Hi Annie
    You can book a bare bones cruise now with Celebrity,,,,,no perks.
    JC
    The solo penalty on the Edge can be found for less than 50% - I am still not tempted though

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied

Hi Jihn
    JC
    I agree, I think they are, lots of offers out there if people look, their largest agent is based in Berkshire and has a royal connection, best place to look for deals

John

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

Hi Annie
    JC
    Hi JC

You always could - guarantee cabin??

Annie

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

My main gripe with the AI pricing model is that with a 100% solo penalty, I pay twice for my alcohol. That is why on Celebrity I book insides or guarantee cabins,

BTW did Cunard not trial DPs or am I having a senior moment??

Annie
    Hi Annie
    JC

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Seabourn are sending out offers weekly at the moment and some reasonable prices as well as:

BOOK BY JULY 31 TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SUMMER OPPORTUNITY SALES EVENT. SPECIAL OFFERS MAY INCLUDE:
    New Special Pricing • Veranda for Ocean View or Up to Three Category Veranda Suite Upgrades* • Up to $500USD Shipboard Credit per Suite* • Up to £650 Air Credit per person* • 300 Minute Internet Package Per Person* • Up to 15% savings on Combination Cruises*

John
    Hi Jihn
    JC

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Hi Annie.
    When i joined the forum in 2009 i cruised only Thomson because it was AI,,,,,i said at the time within 10 or so years every cruise line will have some form of AI,,,,,of course the traditionalists laughed.
    Well we are nearly there with DP's,,,,,,,,only Cunard to convert!!!!
    JC
    My main gripe with the AI pricing model is that with a 100% solo penalty, I pay twice for my alcohol. That is why on Celebrity I book insides or guarantee cabins,

BTW did Cunard not trial DPs or am I having a senior moment??

Annie

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
    In October 09 the rate was £1 = €1.08...
    Hi Tim
    That was caused by irresponsible greedy bankers.
    This time it was the referendum.
    Both man made i suppose.....both could have been avoided.
    JC

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Not that keen on Edge anyway. She was moored next to us in St Maarten in March. Didn't like the "infinity balconies" at all, and that silly "magic carpet" spoiled the ship's symmetry. I also don't like the fact that suite guests have sole access to larger chunks of the ship than previously. Seabourne appeals to me but cost, so far, prohibitive.
    Seabourn are sending out offers weekly at the moment and some reasonable prices as well as:

BOOK BY JULY 31 TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SUMMER OPPORTUNITY SALES EVENT. SPECIAL OFFERS MAY INCLUDE:
    New Special Pricing • Veranda for Ocean View or Up to Three Category Veranda Suite Upgrades* • Up to $500USD Shipboard Credit per Suite* • Up to £650 Air Credit per person* • 300 Minute Internet Package Per Person* • Up to 15% savings on Combination Cruises*

John

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi Annie.
    When i joined the forum in 2009 i cruised only Thomson because it was AI,,,,,i said at the time within 10 or so years every cruise line will have some form of AI,,,,,of course the traditionalists laughed.
    Well we are nearly there with DP's,,,,,,,,only Cunard to convert!!!!
    JC

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
    A lot of cruise liner give offers if dp's, wi-fi and grats making them almost all inclusive.
    With that came the increase on top of any negative effect if exchange rates.
    You can blame yourself for that Neil as for ages you asked for All inclusive.

Regards
    Garfield
    Must have been before my time on the forum, but I thought it was JC who was the great advocate of AI.

That said your point is well taken

As a mere solo, most of my boarding fares come without perks.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• PeterM, Southwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post

Nice thought to include Seabourne in your plans with Edge, it being a totally different animal to any of Seaborne's fleet. I know, and like you I have looked, where my preference lies. Can you guess? .....Neil
    Not that keen on Edge anyway. She was moored next to us in St Maarten in March. Didn't like the "infinity balconies" at all, and that silly "magic carpet" spoiled the ship's symmetry. I also don't like the fact that suite guests have sole access to larger chunks of the ship than previously. Seabourne appeals to me but cost, so far, prohibitive.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    A lot of cruise liner give offers if dp's, wi-fi and grats making them almost all inclusive.
    With that came the increase on top of any negative effect if exchange rates.
    You can blame yourself for that Neil as for ages you asked for All inclusive.

Regards
    Garfield

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Prices are up but there still deals or trips at OK prices

Fewer steals where the prices were giveaway.

Eg. The Princess round Britain's were only a bit higher than last year, 12n £700-£800 is reasonable I don't expect the £300 rate from a few years back.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X