• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity increase gratuities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity increase gratuities

I see that Celebrity are increasing their gratuities from 1st June for cruises from 1st July 2015.

$12 to $12.95 per day for balcony grades and below.
    Cc and AC from $12.50 to $13.45.
    suites $15.50 to $16.45.

If you have or will prepay prior to 1st June then there will be no increase.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Hi Issy.
    I got the same E-mail .
    The queue to cancel will get even longer.
    Drink prices up
    Daily Grats up
    Grats on drinks up.
    More complaints of not enough bard staff up ,Not the best way to run your businesses....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

I also got the email. However, we booked early for RCI in 2016 & Celebrity in 2017 and booked aft facing cabins with oversized balconies for around £110 pp per night. Both these cruises include drinks and gratuities so the increase won't affect us yet. RCI and Celebrity seem to be having a lot of "free drinks and grats" offers but some of the balcony prices with these are around £150 to £200 pp per night.......... HT

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
        Hi Issy.
        I got the same E-mail .
        The queue to cancel will get even longer.
        Drink prices up
        Daily Grats up
        Grats on drinks up.
        More complaints of not enough bard staff up ,Not the best way to run your businesses....Taffy
        They are just following the lead of NCL -sadly the increases were to be expected.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          They are just following the lead of NCL -sadly the increases were to be expected.

Annie
          The Law of supply and demand,Annie.
          I suppose getting and keeping good staff gets harder every year..Taffy
          ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire Thorn, Fareham View Post
            I also got the email. However, we booked early for RCI in 2016 & Celebrity in 2017 and booked aft facing cabins with oversized balconies for around £110 pp per night. Both these cruises include drinks and gratuities so the increase won't affect us yet. RCI and Celebrity seem to be having a lot of "free drinks and grats" offers but some of the balcony prices with these are around £150 to £200 pp per night.......... HT
            Hi HT.
            We have that deal for our 2016 cruise ,nothing booked this year as yet ,It may be worth looking at a 2017 deal though ..Taffy
            ​Taffy

Comment

Ours is all paid for thankfully,I think we will all be on the look out for better bargains for the future. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                Or as they say, another day, another dollar.

It hardly breaks the bank and what is gained on the swings is lost on the roundabout.

Comment

We had already prepaid our gratuities for 2015 and 2016 cruises so a wee saving there. Our TA for our 2016 gave us three prices for our cabin grade ie with Celebrity flights and $600 OBC, with independent flights and $600 OBC, and with independent flights with NO OBC. We decided on the third choice and saved over £800.
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X