• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rants, moans & grumbles - PLAY FAIRLY

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rants, moans & grumbles - PLAY FAIRLY

Don't get too personal... Be cool...
    Play fairly, stick to the facts, and try not to lose your rag. People viewing the complaints on here will read between the lines and draw their own conclusions, anyway.
    Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

Please note: I am currently on maternity leave. Should you have any admin queries, please send a PM to Nisha at sea . Thanks

Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

Originally posted by Robinson Cruisoe View Post
    Don't get too personal...
    For the legal safety of Cruise. and all users, this should be made clear on all pages of the forum. Many users may not be aware of the implications of internet libel.

Comment

Just to add, a site has already had legal action brought against it [since settled out of court] because of the nature of some of the posts.

Comment

Good post because I've witnessed and even been at the receiving end of some of the sharp tongues in this place and I'm not upset for myself, but am upset for others who receive this - plus the way people comment on some of the reviews - it makes me feel very sad that people feel it's ok to behave in such a fashion - have it in BIG LETTERS - you will be removed from the membership if you break these rules!

or, perhaps devise a thread about good customer service, yes, but also how to be a good customer!

Comment

And that's it, we have all been told now, so lets all behave with a little more dignity and respect towards our fellow cruisers, and the cruise lines that give us all so much pleasure at the end of the day. Without them we would all be losers not cruisers.
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          sigpic
          Cruisings Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Barrowman, Bedford View Post
            And that's it, we have all been told now, so lets all behave with a little more dignity and respect towards our fellow cruisers, and the cruise lines that give us all so much pleasure at the end of the day. Without them we would all be losers not cruisers.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ...and that includes giving 'awards' to posters and inviting nominations for the less attractive 'awards'. All the posters on this site are decent people with many different views to give. To pick and choose 'who gets what' is totally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
              ...and that includes giving 'awards' to posters and inviting nominations for the less attractive 'awards'. All the posters on this site are decent people with many different views to give. To pick and choose 'who gets what' is totally unnecessary.
              Hi
              I think to pick on this thread is ludicrous.I though it hilarious.
              Stan + Dave (Barrowman) are the most Decent,Funny,Interesting,Uncontroversial people on this site.
              I think this complaint shows a complete lack of humour.
              If people lobby to have this type of thread removed from this site it will lose the humour that lots of people enjoy.
              JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

It was getting out of order, for the first time yesterday I called for a vote to declare a Dead Thread
                as it had gone so far off of the subject and turned into a slanging match.
                I just hope that everyone can just move on :D

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                  It was getting out of order, for the first time yesterday I called for a vote to declare a Dead Thread
                  Hi Spartan, I agree I hope it remains a 'dead thread' not just because it became somewhat acrimonious, but also because it has gone full circle!

This post of Robinson Cruisoes and the other one 'General Rules' should help! Assuming they are read of course!

Regards, Lizzie.
                  Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                    I will move on. It is so sad though that it seems we cant continue with our jokey topics. I have noticed already a decrease in postings. I think that many of us have put the posts on the wrong sites. Thats something I will watch in future. I do hope we can continue with this forum. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I love it! Granted there have been some awful things said that were not necessary. So, now we know the ground rules. I'm sticking to them. Carol . No icon for SAD!
                    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

It would be helpful to many people if Robinson Crusoe gave some made-up examples of the type of posts he might be talking about - certainly in terms of those that could be considered libellous. I'd guess that a lot of people don't really know what such posts might look like. For example, it would not be libellous to say 'When we sailed on Pugwash cruise line's 'Black Pig', the standard of service in the main dining room was disgraceful - on several occasions, we were served cold food and our complaints were completely ignored'. It would be libellous, however, to say 'It is a well-known fact that waiters in the main dining room on Pugwash line's Black Pig spit in customers' food before serving it.'
                      How about it, Robinson? Why not give a range of examples of what posters can/should and can't/shouldn't write on here?

Comment

Originally posted by the mumfords, Nr. rotherham View Post
                        I will move on. It is so sad though that it seems we cant continue with our jokey topics. I have noticed already a decrease in postings. I think that many of us have put the posts on the wrong sites. Thats something I will watch in future. I do hope we can continue with this forum. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I love it! Granted there have been some awful things said that were not necessary. So, now we know the ground rules. I'm sticking to them. Carol . No icon for SAD!
                        Hi Carol , you are correct. Many times I have read a comment that is crying out for a funny retort, like a comedian and his straight man. If the retort is not taken in context it is received as an insult and a deliberate insult is then returned.

Quote:
                        " If you are able to read and understand. " An unnecessarily barbed reply received recently.

Not to mention the fallout from one sentence I wrote about smokers !

Since then I have written impulsive replies to different posts but now delete them after thinking of the consequences.

So no more double entendre , no more drivel , no more chocolate, no more lightheartedness.

Facts and figures from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Christiaan, Ocean Shores View Post
                          Hi Carol , you are correct. Many times I have read a comment that is crying out for a funny retort, like a comedian and his straight man. If the retort is not taken in context it is received as an insult and a deliberate insult is then returned.

Quote:
                          " If you are able to read and understand. " An unnecessarily barbed reply received recently.

Not to mention the fallout from one sentence I wrote about smokers !

Since then I have written impulsive replies to different posts but now delete them after thinking of the consequences.

So no more double entendre , no more drivel , no more chocolate, no more lightheartedness.

Facts and figures from now on.
                          Oh come on now, don't let's lose all the fun. I think we just have to be a bit daring sometimes or it will be like treading on eggshells.

Jill
                          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
                            Oh come on now, don't let's lose all the fun. I think we just have to be a bit daring sometimes or it will be like treading on eggshells.

Jill
                            Hi Jill

Funny you should say that, my husband is a very grumpy man at times and one of the pseudonyms I use when playing bridge on line is ' WalkingonEggShells ' another is ' WhatFreshHell' and my bridge partner from Israel uses ' GrumbleBum ' .

Humour is a great defense against critics. I haven't lost my sense of humour, weird though it may be, but future posts will be tempered with caution.
                            Last edited by Christiaan, Ocean Shores; 14th March 2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christiaan, Ocean Shores View Post
                              Hi Jill

Funny you should say that, my husband is a very grumpy man at times and one of the pseudonyms I use when playing bridge on line is ' WalkingonEggShells ' another is ' WhatFreshHell' and my bridge partner from Israel uses ' GrumbleBum ' .

Humour is a great defense against critics. I haven't lost my sense of humour, weird though it may be, but future posts will be tempered with caution.
                              Hi Christiaan

If you look at some of the regulars that have maybe said the wrong thing to the wrong person. it's often meant in fun but taken the wrong way. I find that the same problem sometimes occurs with texting. My girls and I often put the wrong slant or intonation to a perfectly innocent text. Lost in translation, I call it.

I think the vast majority on this forum don't set out to be aggressive and upset people but it does sometimes happen. Don't let the small minority spoil our fun-life is far too short.

Jill
                              Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X