• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marella don't want us!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marella don't want us!

We are un the process of organising a holiday for next winter. The plan is to spend some time in India then sail back to the UK on a cruise ship rather than fly home. Easy peasy we though. Quite a few ships call at suitable poets. We narrowerd it down to Marella. We could get on in Cochin and sail to Corfu then just a short flight home.
    Oh no we can't. No problem getting on in Cochin but they will only let us stay on the ship for 14 nights. They won't take a booking for a back to back cruise. You would think they would be pleased to have the business but apparently not

Have you just spoken to a travel agent or discussed it with head office? Seems a little short sighted. Business is business.

Comment

Lucky escape if you ask me..

Regards
      Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by alandrover, beccles View Post
        Have you just spoken to a travel agent or discussed it with head office? Seems a little short sighted. Business is business.
        I have spoken to three different cruise.co agents. The first 2 didn't get back to me. This is the response from the 3rd. He said he had spoken to Tui and that they would not take the booking for more than 14 nights. I fi d it very strange. If there is a future cruise consultant on our cruise going on Sunday I will ask them but I don't hold out much hope.

I know from past experience on land based holidays that Tui are very inflexible if you want to deviate from their package.

Comment

Have you tried seperate bookings?
          Many marella trips are cheaper with flights than cruise only, just use the flights you want.

Change over in Oman should not be a problem.

Marella dream Dec I tried a future cruise with those that should do it, not that interested.
          Last edited by Topdeck, London; 26th February 2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            Have you tried seperate bookings?
            Many marella trips are cheaper with flights than cruise only, just use the flights you want.

Change over in Oman should not be a problem.

Marella dream Dec I tried a future cruise with those that should do it, not that interested.
            Separate bookings is what I was going to suggest too, but I guess the problem is it includes flights so 2 separate bookings might mean paying for too many in/out flights.
            They must have a cruise only option? Even if it means a change of cabin half way, then get a TA to sort flights.
            VTG are good for detailed searches down to certain dates and port of departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

Separate bookings is what I was going to suggest too, but I guess the problem is it includes flights so 2 separate bookings might mean paying for too many in/out flights.
              They must have a cruise only option? Even if it means a change of cabin half way, then get a TA to sort flights.
              VTG are good for detailed searches down to certain dates and port of departure.
              They have a cruise only link...

Most marella cruises are cheaper with the flights you just don't use them and dropping one flight seems to be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

They have a cruise only link...

Most marella cruises are cheaper with the flights you just don't use them and dropping one flight seems to be OK.
                Interesting but I think you need to be careful when doing this as I am pretty sure that if you miss the outbound flight airlines automatically cancel your return?

Comment

I would be phoning their Head Office.

If they still say no, at least you can vent your feelings direct to Tui................Wilba
                  Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

Interesting but I think you need to be careful when doing this as I am pretty sure that if you miss the outbound flight airlines automatically cancel your return?
                    That is what gets reported if you have TUI package.
                    ​​

Comment

Cruise.co agent said Tui refused to take our booking for more than one leg. I haven't tried any other companies or Tui direct yet. I intend to ask the future cruise consultant on Dream next week. If not there is always good old Fred! Black Watch has a suitable cruise and tbey do t mind how many legs you book. They are accomodatinng to cruise only too.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X