• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Becoming Food Snowflakes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Wilba View Post

    Interestingly, four of us used Sindu on Ventura, and four of us came out disappointed...............Wilba
    Hi Wilba
    Just shows,,,,can't please everyone.
    Just for balance,4 of us ate in there on a NYE cruise on Ventura in 2018 and the 4 of us loved it.
    JC

    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

      JC, it's all in the preposition. I said ''in'' Britannia, not ''on''!
      One is a restaurant and t'other is a ship!
      Hi Mrs M
      Oh you mean Britannia restaurant on Cunard,,,,,,,,,i can't give an opinion then
      JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi TD
        If I have snails on Celebrity I can certainly taste garlic,of course snails don't taste of garlic,,but garlic is in the cooking process.

        Celebrity classic always available dish.
        ESCARGOTS À LA BOURGUIGNONNE
        Shallots, Garlic, Parsley, Pernod Butter

        If anyone likes their food hot try Celebrity French Onion Soup with the cheese crust,,,,you are in danger of 1st degree burns,nice though.

        JC
        Thanks for the reminder JC. I absolutely love the French onion soup on Celebrity and I agree, it’s damn hot 🥵 but after 5 days of it (out of 7) I’m getting to the fed up stage. it is lovely tho and looking forward to it on our next cruise.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi Mike
          If you have enjoyed Celebrity menu's/food before you should still enjoy them now.
          I have only done 6 X cruises ,whilst the food has always been good the menu's in those 6 years have never changed.

          Here is a list of menu's from Celebrity Edge,,,they should be the same in MDR's throughout the fleet.

          https://www.celebritycruisespresscen...ty-edge-menus/

          JC

          Excellent, making my way through them at the moment just to remind myself 😋

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

            Hi Mrs M
            Oh you mean Britannia restaurant on Cunard,,,,,,,,,i can't give an opinion then
            JC
            It's the main restaurant, mass catering, and not a ''pay to eat'' place. I wonder if Asian cuisine in Pacific would be as good as your Sindu experience?

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi Wilba
              Just shows,,,,can't please everyone.
              Just for balance,4 of us ate in there on a NYE cruise on Ventura in 2018 and the 4 of us loved it.
              JC
              Yeh, I think we got it wrong on our visit.

              As it happened all four of us chose the same meal as it's description held real appeal. ( I think it was some sort of lamb dish).

              Dare I say it, the consensus was bland and uninteresting.

              No doubt had we have chosen all different, the report would have been more appealing............Wilba
              Wilba

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

                Hi HC

                I agree my love is for plain rather than bland.

                I remember before my first cruise I was worried about the sauces. I was recommended to ask for the sauces to be served separately. Which I did, they served them in a small jug, so I could try before smothering my food with them..

                Obviously it does not help when food is cooked in a sauce.
                Hi Del,

                You wouldn't like to eat at ours!

                I do all the cooking, and everything, but everything is cooked in something or other.

                Plain and bland are never on the menu. ......Wilba
                Wilba

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Wilba View Post

                  Hi Del,

                  You wouldn't like to eat at ours!

                  I do all the cooking, and everything, but everything is cooked in something or other.

                  Plain and bland are never on the menu. ......Wilba

                  Hi Wilba




                  I don’t do any cooking, my wife also always cooks in something or other, think they are called pots and pans and dishes, well they are in the bowl when I wash up.🤣

                  Mind nothing wrong with Bisto gravy, 😉😎
                  Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 21st January 2020, 04:35 PM.
                  Delboy


                  Photo Albums

                  https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                  or

                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                  Comment


                    #54
                    My real intention with this thread was to inject a little bit of fire and brimstone into an otherwise dull forum with little threads relating to actual cruising, so I thank everyone for their input…………Wilba
                    Wilba

                    Comment


                      #55
                      I had to laugh about JC’s comment on Onion Soup. Some years ago my hubby and I went to Savannah Georgia with my cousin and his wife. We ate out and the guys had onion soup while Mary and I decided the resultant wind wasn’t worth it so chose something different. Later on that evening while in the hotel’s concierge lounge Walter announced he was going to bed and asked if Mary was coming. She said that she would stay up talking to us. Walter, being Walter said “Why? You didn’t have the onion soup! I will greet you!” The three of us nearly fell off our chairs laughing when he toddled off and i’m Afraid that the consumption of onion soup by either of us brings on a fit of the giggles apart from anything else 😉.

                      Take care, Helen

                      Comment


                        #56
                        On the food front we never have mince pies before xmax waiting for them to get reduced at waitrose.

                        I can let you know that the "waitrose 1" were the winners so good they did not even need a sause.

                        At 12p a 6pack well worth the extra 2p over the runners up 10p.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                          On the food front we never have mince pies before xmax waiting for them to get reduced at waitrose.

                          I can let you know that the "waitrose 1" were the winners so good they did not even need a sause.

                          At 12p a 6pack well worth the extra 2p over the runners up 10p.
                          Spendthrift!

                          Take care, Helen

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                            I had to laugh about JC’s comment on Onion Soup. Some years ago my hubby and I went to Savannah Georgia with my cousin and his wife. We ate out and the guys had onion soup while Mary and I decided the resultant wind wasn’t worth it so chose something different. Later on that evening while in the hotel’s concierge lounge Walter announced he was going to bed and asked if Mary was coming. She said that she would stay up talking to us. Walter, being Walter said “Why? You didn’t have the onion soup! I will greet you!” The three of us nearly fell off our chairs laughing when he toddled off and i’m Afraid that the consumption of onion soup by either of us brings on a fit of the giggles apart from anything else 😉.

                            Take care, Helen
                            Ah, Savannah - beautiful town. Can't hear the town's name without thinking of Jingle Bells. Although more recently one of our suppliers who visits named his little girl Savannah.

                            Bill


                            Lawnmowerman

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                              On the food front we never have mince pies before xmax waiting for them to get reduced at waitrose.

                              I can let you know that the "waitrose 1" were the winners so good they did not even need a sause.

                              At 12p a 6pack well worth the extra 2p over the runners up 10p.
                              Always worth checking anything with a christmas logo on the packaging. Currently eating a wensleydale and cranberry cheese, have a few in the fridge for a penny and have a few boxes of cinammon porridge 10p

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                                On the food front we never have mince pies before xmax waiting for them to get reduced at waitrose.

                                I can let you know that the "waitrose 1" were the winners so good they did not even need a sause.

                                At 12p a 6pack well worth the extra 2p over the runners up 10p.
                                Wait for Christmas 😳 as soon as Morrison’s start putting their in house baked Shortcrust mince pies on the shelf’s, we buy them by the dozens, irrespective of the price, even load the freezer with them.
                                Still eating them now, best mince pies other than home made, never spoil them with a sauce. 😄. 😎
                                Delboy


                                Photo Albums

                                https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                                or

                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X