• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you mind!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job you heard them!

I can see they are very useful as you are then hands free. On a cruise it is usually me who becomes the packhorse and carries sunglasses, the ships daily paper for information and anything else needed. I have suggested my OH needs a man bag but so far no luck..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by toshtosh, Guiseley View Post
      Absolutely spot on Neil.

Rucksacks are a modern way that inconsiderate users can inflict great inconvenience and pain on others. They seem totally oblivious to the extra lump on their back, especially when in confined spaces like buses, trains and, worst of all, in the aisle of a plane when boarding. They insist on wearing them right to the seat and then perform a contortion act to get it off, causing total mayhem. And as for that inevitable rush to stand up on arrival and grab your bags from the lockers they have the obvious right to repeat their contortion in reverse despite there being ten people occupying the immediate space around them.

They should be banned in any area except the real outdoors, or worn to the front of course.

Cheers

Tony B
      I’m sure I can conjure up a more “ modern” method of inconveniencing or inflicting pain!

Luckily ''they'' don't represent all rucksack users and luckily, many everyday rucksack users, such as myself, are aware of our surroundings, are considerate and don't bash our fellow planet dwellers, especially on planes or buses [or excursion coaches in my case] and luckily, the chance of my rucksack being banned in the general everyday world, is absolutely zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
        I have considered getting a small rucksack for using ashore but would be worried someone could access it without me noticing, I always carry my bag tightly under my arm wary of pickpockets.

I have seen people wearing them on their fronts but that isn't something I fancy doing.

Anyone who has used them ashore had any problems and are there rucksacks that offer good security?...Carol
        My rucksack was rather expensive, but over the decade I've had it, has proved its worth. It was chosen for its strength for those nasty people on the Ramblas or any other pickpocket haven. It's made of supple, but substantial leather and whilst I'm sure it could be slashed, it would take some effort and the leather might deter the casual thief.

I always take mine with me if a capacious handbag would be useful, when out and about for the day and I don't have the car to throw things into. Remind me to show it to you in June.

Comment

When we are on our travels I use a good bum bag that can convert to a shoulder bag as it allows me to walk around “hands free” but secure. I am generally the one who carts around water and sunscreen and hats when we are in port, but my hubby takes his turn these days as I have a bad back.

At home I use a shopping trolly when I go into Altrincham as I almost always end up buying more than I intended. I try not to “splat” people with it, but I offer whole hearted apologies to anyone who may have encountered me with it!

Take care, Helen

Comment

Not just rucksacks being worn, but being placed in pub doorways, under tables, next to the bar with their straps trailing across the floor- an absolute trip menace in most of the bars and cafes around here. And yes, I have tripped over them!
            Jo.

Comment

Yep, fed up of being bashed with bags. Im short too and rucksacks are a menace. Some womens huge (and heavy) bags that are slung over one shoulder and stick out are the real pain.

I often remind my husband to take off the rucksack and hold it frontwards and downwards in ships lifts, takes up less space for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                Good job you heard them!

I can see they are very useful as you are then hands free. On a cruise it is usually me who becomes the packhorse and carries sunglasses, the ships daily paper for information and anything else needed. I have suggested my OH needs a man bag but so far no luck..Carol
                Yes I have the same problem Carol. I'm taking a smaller bag in future so no room for anybody else's stuff!

Hate those rucksacks especially the huge ones they take on planes. Why on earth do they let them on as hand luggage, they're not|!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X