• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save the seas..I am trying!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
    We have all seen the notices in the cabins regarding re-using towels and I try to do so. I noticed on Celebrity recently that no matter how many times I put the towel back they were replaced. I am not sure how many times the sheets were changed but they always seemed ironed and smooth not matter how crumpled they were when we got up in the morning.

In the public toilets Celebrity have stacks of single use hand towels which will need washing and the use of detergent. I always use the paper towels, also provided, in the hope that they are at least re-cycled.

I mentioned to bar staff that I didn't want a plastic straw in my drinks in light of the recent publicity.

I realise it is a drop in the ocean compared to the bigger environmental issues but maybe every little helps?..Carol
    they go in the incinerator polluting the atmosphere.

Comment

Paper products come from trees. The UK is not self sufficient in timber for paper so they are trucked/shipped hundreds/thousands of miles no doubt causing pollution of the atmosphere.

I don't know how single use paper products pollution compares with multi use products pollution but they are certainly not pollution free.

With regard to reusable straws how on earth do you know if they are thoroughly clean after use and "cleaning"?

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
        I agree but possibly if they don't replace them, the supervisor could be on their back?? Just asking.

On my last cruise, I often gave my steward the night off from the turn-down service. I don't need it.

Annie
        The point is though that if the cruise line post notices in the bathroom about reusing towels in order to help protect the environment, then surely the cabin staff must honour that policy. Supervisors would be working against the policy if they expect staff to replace towels on a daily basis.
        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
          The point is though that if the cruise line post notices in the bathroom about reusing towels in order to help protect the environment, then surely the cabin staff must honour that policy. Supervisors would be working against the policy if they expect staff to replace towels on a daily basis.
          Possible.

If they only changed the towels once a day, that is more than enough for me.

Annie

Comment

Most ships we don't have a problem with the towels on the rails getting changed.

First thing we ask for is extra big ones and we rotate through them.

BY having extras we never have to worry about any cabin service(day or night) or extra showers as we always have enough and can just leave the "do not disturb" if we want to hang out in the cabin or have the steward skip a service.

I think it can help to make sure you have at least one on the floor the first day or two for each service to make it clear you understand the system.

Comment

Have come back from 2wek cruise in Independence of the Seas, and they no longer have plastic straws. I am surprised Celebrity ships are not doing the same as part of Royal Caribbean.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X