• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tui Discovery 1. Drinks upgrade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tui Discovery 1. Drinks upgrade.

Just back from 2 wk cruise. Upgraded drinks package £200 for the two of us and in our opinion it was well worth the money. We definitely were not out of pocket.

Originally posted by budgie, Forfar View Post
    Just back from 2 wk cruise. Upgraded drinks package £200 for the two of us and in our opinion it was well worth the money. We definitely were not out of pocket.
    Going on the 20th May can you give a bit more info. On upgrade, had a look at their all incl. drinks and they looked to have a good choice without upgrading Thanks

Comment

George, like you I had no intention of upgrading but 1st drink I had was vodka n Coke and I found the Coke on tap was not very good and spoiled the drink, so had to buy cans of Coke. I normally drink Grey Goose but it was also extra cost. We like our coffees and if you want a choice it's extra cost. Bar 11 smokey cocktails, all extra cost. Hence the decision to pay the extra to have what we wanted and know the end cost no matter how many we had. Not for everybody I know but it worked for us.

Comment

Originally posted by budgie, Forfar View Post
        George, like you I had no intention of upgrading but 1st drink I had was vodka n Coke and I found the Coke on tap was not very good and spoiled the drink, so had to buy cans of Coke. I normally drink Grey Goose but it was also extra cost. We like our coffees and if you want a choice it's extra cost. Bar 11 smokey cocktails, all extra cost. Hence the decision to pay the extra to have what we wanted and know the end cost no matter how many we had. Not for everybody I know but it worked for us.
        Thanks for that, upgraded ounce on celebrity and I thought it was well worth it as you did not have to look to see if you can that drink so looks like an upgrade. Thanks again

Comment

Yes we have also upgraded twice on the Eclipse and found it to be good value also. Have fun.

Comment

I thought drinks were included on TUI,/Thomson/Marella.? Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
              I thought drinks were included on TUI,/Thomson/Marella.? Jan.
              Hi Jan
              They are,,,,but usually house brands or cheaper brands,,,,you can get a Murphy's but not a Guinness,,,a Smirnoff but not a Grey Goose.
              Pretty much the same as on Celebrity when you get the 'free' drink package (Classic),,,,,to get the Premium package you can upgrade for $11.80 a day
              Although Celebrity includes a better choice of branded drinks.

What you can do on Celebrity but not on Marella is order a drink above the Classic limit of $9 and pay the difference,,,,if you fancy a drink costing $10 you pay just $1 plus 18% grats.

I find the Classic enough for my needs.Jameson is on the Classic!!
              JC
              Last edited by jc, liverpool; 10th May 2018, 09:44 AM.
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Ah, Thanks for that JC, Been on a few but never knew you could upgrade. We were happy enough with the included drinks. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                  Hi Jan
                  They are,,,,but usually house brands or cheaper brands,,,,you can get a Murphy's but not a Guinness,,,a Smirnoff but not a Grey Goose.
                  Pretty much the same as on Celebrity when you get the 'free' drink package (Classic),,,,,to get the Premium package you can upgrade for $11.80 a day
                  Although Celebrity includes a better choice of branded drinks.

What you can do on Celebrity but not on Marella is order a drink above the Classic limit of $9 and pay the difference,,,,if you fancy a drink costing $10 you pay just $1 plus 18% grats.

I find the Classic enough for my needs.Jameson is on the Classic!!
                  JC
                  Hi! JC, would not not like to argue with you as I'm not sure but had a look at their price list and it you wanted say a grey goose it's an extra £1.50 others at same price or £1.00 depending on drink. Was going to upgrade but any time we feel like a better brand just pay the difference. If gave you the drinks you get "free ?" And below was the branded drinks with the price nearly all at £1 or £1.50 extra.My apologies if I'm wrong but that's the way I took it.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                    Ah, Thanks for that JC, Been on a few but never knew you could upgrade. We were happy enough with the included drinks. Jan.
                    Hi! Jan, like you thought there was a good choice in the all inc. package was going to upgrade at £50 pppw then thought if it's only £1 or £1.50 why bother as I replied to jc if we want a branded drink just pay as when required as I don't think we will drink 35 or 50 drinks a week = £50

Comment

Originally posted by George, Gateshead (3) View Post
                      Hi! JC, would not not like to argue with you as I'm not sure but had a look at their price list and it you wanted say a grey goose it's an extra £1.50 others at same price or £1.00 depending on drink. Was going to upgrade but any time we feel like a better brand just pay the difference. If gave you the drinks you get "free ?" And below was the branded drinks with the price nearly all at £1 or £1.50 extra.My apologies if I'm wrong but that's the way I took it.
                      Hi George
                      I think you are right,drinks not included in the 'free' package always carried a suppliment,shown on the drinks menu.
                      From memory I think Guinness was a £2 supplement on my last Marella cruise,,I remember when it used to be 50p.
                      JC
                      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Folks FYI, Tui Discovery 1. If you are on the standard AI and want to have a drink from the premium upgrade list the costs are as follows.
                        Grey Goose £2.90. Other vodkas £2.50. Gin, Bombay Saphire or Hendricks £2.50. Coca Cola can £1.00. Red Bull £2.25. Martell VS £2.90 Cardinal Mendoza £3.00 Martell VSOP £3.50. MacAllan £3.00 Jack Daniels £2.90. Special coffees £2.50. John Smith £3.30. All coffees at the coffee port are included in the upgrade. This is a small selection from the upgrade list. I think at £50 P/p a week it was a good deal.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X