• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mainstream Cruise Line Drinks Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainstream Cruise Line Drinks Prices

Hi All

Just curious - which mainstream cruiseline do you think has the highest alcohol prices?

Thinking back to my cruise with Holland America (late 2014), I could buy 3 cocktails for less than the price of 1 based on the current Celebrity price list. Is the non drinks package passenger paying the price?

Annie

I think Celebrity are probably the highest prices, That's why we always take the drinks package,Even when its not free as it works for us. Thomson and the Fred are reasonable, Never been on P&O so cant comment. Jan.

Comment

NCL have recently seriously hiked their booze prices - some of which are now ridiculous! Granted, they give away the booze package for most sailings, however.
      If you can read this - thank a teacher
      If you are reading this in English - thank a soldier

Comment

Have to agree re Celebrity, I always take or get the package as I could not afford a hangover at their prices! Maybe they are trying to encourage more to buy the package.

Comment

I know who are probably the cheapest and have the best value AI package

MSC

Ai package for £20 per day

prices

see below

Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 30th November 2016, 05:24 PM.
          Pete

sigpic
          If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

LIst continued............

Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 30th November 2016, 05:29 PM.
            Pete

sigpic

Comment

I can only say that Fred Olsen's £10 pppd is a great deal. Wine with lunch and dinner and spirits are on offer. However, if you want the more expensive brands, then you would have to pay extra.
              Jill

Comment

Celebrity have gone silly but the will do good pours once establish your drinking credentials with the bar tenders.

Soft drinks and specialty coffee also pricy but the package price is ok.

If you think celebrity is expensive try grabbing a drink in Dubai, 2 magners £20 with tip and that was happy hour.
                Last edited by Topdeck, London; 30th November 2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  Celebrity have gone silly but the will do good pours once establish your drinking credentials with the bar tenders.

Soft drinks and specialty coffee also pricy but the package price is ok.
                  The quality and range of wines in the package is also excellent.

Comment

Hi Pete.
                    You don't only have to wear sunglasses inside on MSC,it looks like you have to wear them to look at the drink menu too!!

The drink prices on P&O are cheaper,,,,,Guinness is 30p cheaper for a bigger can.
                    Grey Goose vodka on MSC =£5.50,,,,on P&) = £3.70ish,,,,unless MSC is a bigger measure.
                    That would cost me £140 extra on a 14 nt cruise!!!!!just on vodka for me...
                    JC
                    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

It is amazing that we are still referring to "free" drinks packages, especially with Celebrity/RCL and NCL. Like "free" flights they are simply inclusive in the prices, which helps no end with budgeting. If you look at Celebrity prices for an inside cabin ( without drinks) and compare with outside cabins (with drinks), the difference is often more than the drinks package price (i.e several hundred pounds). As soon as free drinks are dropped so is the cabin price.

The other noticeable thing with RCI/NCL/Celebrity is that the drinks packages have increased dramatically (now over £50 a day) so they can now claim that they save you over £x00 each. (Actually just watching VC selling NCL with free ultimate drinks package saving you over £600 on a "from £999" cruise.)

They have also increased prices for pay as you go to justify the increased drinks package prices.

MSC, Thompson, FO etc, who only charge 10 to 20 per day, have much cheaper cruise prices and do occasionally have inclusive drinks offers which are real.

Don't get me wrong, I always have a drinks package so I can enjoy my holiday, I just include it in the total holiday price when comparing offers. I have never yet lost out on a package compared with pay as you go.

cheers

Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                        Hi Pete.
                        You don't only have to wear sunglasses inside on MSC,it looks like you have to wear them to look at the drink menu too!!

The drink prices on P&O are cheaper,,,,,Guinness is 30p cheaper for a bigger can.
                        Grey Goose vodka on MSC =£5.50,,,,on P&) = £3.70ish,,,,unless MSC is a bigger measure.
                        That would cost me £140 extra on a 14 nt cruise!!!!!just on vodka for me...
                        JC
                        Sure you're not thinking of Costa who have garish decore?

MSC have stylish and muted tones (except for the Jazz Bars) throughout the ship

These are typical venues

And of course you would need sunglasses for the crystal staircases

Pete
                        Pete

sigpic

Comment

There are still real free package deals out there.

The Celebrity cruise I just got off and the following cruise the base fare was less than the cost of the included drinks package.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                            Sure you're not thinking of Costa who have garish decore?

MSC have stylish and muted tones (except for the Jazz Bars) throughout the ship

These are typical venues

And of course you would need sunglasses for the crystal staircases

Pete
                            Hi Pete.
                            I have replied on the 'Dress to impress' thread by mistake.
                            JC
                            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                              I can only say that Fred Olsen's £10 pppd is a great deal. Wine with lunch and dinner and spirits are on offer. However, if you want the more expensive brands, then you would have to pay extra.
                              Hi Jill, the good thing is if you want premium brands and are on the DP, Its 50 per cent off the full price. My BAILEYS was only £2.50 for a very large double on The Balmoral in July.! Jan.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X