• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ovation of the Seas Rip Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    On this we agree Neil

However do I recall you using the expression Rip-Off Britain??

Annie
    Oh Annie you were very close to cutting my quick then

especially as I do not remember the occasion. .....Neil

Comment

We have an active FB group for the cruise. The drinks package has been on and off, but is still showing at a high price. Someone has been told that it is to do wit the late addition to the schedule, and it will be back to normal if booked on board the ship.

I'm not a big drinker, so will rely on the welcome back party, top tier event and diamond lounge. I'll only have to buy the odd drink if I fancy one.
      2018-
      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
        Oh Annie you were very close to cutting my quick then

especially as I do not remember the occasion. .....Neil
        Hi Neil

Did you not comment on the BBC consumer programme Rip-Off Britain ?

or this:

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/980-g...-gullible.html

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          I'm going on the 14th too, and did think the drinks package was a lot, and then thought I won't have time to eat let alone drink, there is so much on the ship I want to look at, I've also never been to Rotterdam before so will want to get of and have a look!
          It's only 3 nights, I'm just not going to have enough time!!............................................ .................Carol
          Carol have you read this report from Captain Greybeard Ovation is almost ready for her first guests - Captain Greybeard .
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by tuggy, warminster View Post
            Carol have you read this report from Captain Greybeard Ovation is almost ready for her first guests - Captain Greybeard .

Thank you Tuggy, I can't wait .................................................. ...............Carol

Comment

Thank you Tuggy, I can't wait .................................................. ...............Carol
              You will have a brilliant time Carol. You can tell us all about it in July on the forum cruise.
              Jill

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                Hi Neil

Did you not comment on the BBC consumer programme Rip-Off Britain ?

or this:

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/980-g...-gullible.html

Annie
                Yes to both but mentioning "BBC's Rip off Britain" doesn't count towards using the words in a meaningful way and my other says.....
                Have I been ripped off or am I just gullible

"I keep hearing and seeing this phrase "ripped off" and I find it a repugnant as the word(s) gob smacked.

I would really like to know if it is used because people feel that someone has cheated them

or

is it because people haven't heeded the warnings or have not done their research and bought something which they thought to be a bargain but turned out not to be.

Come on, hand on heart, which of these really apply. ....Neil"

Which really says the same as I am saying here..... I do not like the phrase.

You have a wonderful memory for someone of your age, Annie ........Neil

Comment

That explains it all Neil. I never consider you to be someone who shoots from the hip, but gives considered replies. Beryl
                  Last edited by B&D, Shepton Mallet; 10th April 2016, 08:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by alandrover, beccles View Post
                    Surely it's only a "rip off" if your FORCED to buy it- if you don't like the price, don't buy. We are on Princess soon and their inclusive package was something like $40+ pppd- my goodness we would never come close to making that work for us.
                    We're on Regal Princess in September. I've just looked in the Cruise Personaliser to see what's on offer and it' s £39.45 ($55) pppd. Like you, we'd never get close, so no sale as far as we're concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker, Royal Wootton Bassett View Post
                      We're on Regal Princess in September. I've just looked in the Cruise Personaliser to see what's on offer and it' s £39.45 ($55) pppd. Like you, we'd never get close, so no sale as far as we're concerned.
                      I know I rabbit on about this but it is always worth, as you have proved, doing your homework. It does not take a mathematician to work out what one would normally consume on a cruise, find the drinks prices on here and find out the cost of your drinks. All this baloney about being ripped off is just downright laziness.

Other ways to solve the problem are to use ships where drinks are included in the price of the cruise or buy a Suite where the drinks are often included or to cruise often enough that your cruising status means quite a large amount of free drinks anyway.

Whilst we are on the subject I have seen far more drunken eegits on ships where you have to pay for your drinks than on ships where the drinks cost nothing. Please don't assume that I am saying that all ships should have free drinks......although maybe. ......Neil

Comment

You might just find that they offer a 'free' drinks package, would that make any real difference. We have had one on two sailings in the last two years; not that we drink much anyway but it would be rude to refuse it wouldn't it?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X