• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating Norovirus......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    50p each??

Golly. Good job mine are pretty sturdy. They've got years of value to catch up on!!!!

Mind you, the laundry bags in the cabin are 'free' so I guess my laundry bags are even better value.

Tesco, M&S and Lidl bags are pretty useful as laundry bags too although obviously, if one has a choice, the M&S bag offers a much superior product. I aspire to a Waitrose bag, one day!
    One can but dream!
    The laundry bags on MSC are paper and not exactly massive, maybe the size of A3 paper perhaps, so not a great size or sturdy for taking things home

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
      The laundry bags on MSC are paper and not exactly massive, maybe the size of A3 paper perhaps, so not a great size or sturdy for taking things home
      M&S for you then or maybe you've reached Waitrose status or you could always sellotape up those holes in a Tesco bag.

'Our' hotels have large laundry bags. Between them, Cunard and M&S...we're sorted! Re-cycled bags rule...'ish.

Wow, nearly a whole page on laundry bags for a cruise. Let no one say our forum doesn't have diversive cruising threads!
      Last edited by Mrs M; 31st January 2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Well here is another post on laundry bags/vacuum bags, we have only used vacuum bags for storing clothes, these we purchase from a store called the Range, which sell virtually everything for the home and garden.

But have always found when we take the clothes out they still need ironing, no matter how well you fold them before putting them in the bags.

Going on holiday the only clothes which I really need ironed are my shirts and trousers, I find if they are ironed, folded and packed properly in the case, they do not need vacuum bags or ironing when I unpack. I understand how they may save space if used to pack clothes which do not need ironing.

Maybe we are using the wrong bags, what size vacuum bags do you use.

We always take a plastic laundry bag for our dirty laundry and keep that in our case.
        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 31st January 2017, 09:57 PM.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

At least it's not another political thread and actually relates to cruising!!

As we fly cruise, and unpack as soon as onboard/luggage delivered, having only packed one or two days before flying, the clothes aren't in there long enough to get too creased. I'd guess when using them for storage as the clothes are packed away much longer they'll be more susceptible to creasing.

Comment

As we fly cruise, and unpack as soon as onboard/luggage delivered, having only packed one or two days before flying, the clothes aren't in there long enough to get too creased. I'd guess when using them for storage as the clothes are packed away much longer they'll be more susceptible to creasing.
            Too right!!

I use Lakeland vacuum bags at home. Spare bed duvets/bedding are kept in them. My cashmere sweaters are 'summered' in them as they take so little space in wardrobes and other items are vacuum packed away, saving loads of space.
            Vacuum packed summer cottons etc always need ironing but that's no hardship at home.
            As for packing, I have an excellent packer in the form of my husband. It's a bit of a palaver but all our clothes come out virtually creaseless, even after days in a case. Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
              Too right!!

I use Lakeland vacuum bags at home. Spare bed duvets/bedding are kept in them. My cashmere sweaters are 'summered' in them as they take so little space in wardrobes and other items are vacuum packed away, saving loads of space.
              Vacuum packed summer cottons etc always need ironing but that's no hardship at home.
              As for packing, I have an excellent packer in the form of my husband. It's a bit of a palaver but all our clothes come out virtually creaseless, even after days in a case. Grrrr.
              Hi Mrs M

Thanks for that we have summer and winter duvets and bedding which we keep in the original duvet bags, kept in the loft where we also have a couple of clothes hanging rails, where our winter clothes are kept hanging during the summer in suit bags etc, visa versa in winter. Our loft has easy access and is boarded and well lit.

I pack my own case when we go away and I like to think I am a pretty good packer as none of my clothes ever need ironing when I unpack and I am fussy about shirts and trousers being creaseless, except where they are meant to have creases.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Object moved

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
                  Brilliant!

Annie

Comment

The only time I've had a severe bout of something that may have been noro was in 1972. I got it from the local water supply, along with a lot of other people in the city; it was nicknamed the Pompey Bug. I lived in a small flat and even then struggled to get from the bed to the toilet, I was so weak. I was a tiny little thing and lost around half a stone, which was the only thing that pleased me.

I don't clean my cabin. I do use handrails on the stairs, but then I do that everywhere. I wash my hands a lot, and I use the gel on board ship. Touch wood, I haven't come down with it on board ship.
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Everybody has a gob and your no exception. I bet your jaws are glad when your asleep!!!!!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X