• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discusting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had similar on F.O.cruise with the air vent filters. Something in the room was playing my asthma up a bit.The engineer came took off the air vent to check the filter only to find what looked like a very thick woolly jumper. Looked like it had never been cleaned or changed, when I was responsible at work for health and safety, the ones in the office had to be changed every three months this was more like three decades. I was ok the following day.

What you do not see, you are not aware off. I have always been interested in behind the scenes of various of places and some sights have amazed me with the poor standards.
    Last edited by DUETTO, Staines; 29th December 2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Novice nothing you have written or photographed surprises me, but like others I just don't look beyond the crisp white sheets, but you seem reluctant to name either the cruiseline or ship.

If I was writing this thread the cruiseline and ship would be in as bold a type as the website could offer in the title.

Without this information it is meaningless. What are you afraid of?...............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Your experience of finding filthy and bloodstained pillows is disgusting, Novice and I do think you should name and shame. Even it's just for the benefit of others using that same ship, forewarned is forearmed. Perhaps these cruise lines who replace their bedding infrequently need a bit of public pressure to rethink that policy!

Comment

We had the same thing on our cruise to now where on Arcadia 2013. The pillows which I had pre-ordered through my booking consultant as I wanted anti-allergic type were very stained and yellow and disgusting. I had to get the deck supervisor in and I insisted on clean newer ones. I understand your concern. It is not pleasant and can be very upsetting.

Comment

The cruise line is P&O and the ship was Ventura, I hate to do this, as P&O is my favourite cruise line,but I feel people should be aware of what could happen to them, we have had an apology from P&O, and I will still cruise with the , but they need to look at their system again , it doesn't work pillows should be changes more often not every two years , the mattress and pillow protectors should be removed and washed every time there is a change over of passengers, but this isn't done..

Comment

Originally posted by novice, Wales View Post
              The cruise line is P&O and the ship was Ventura, I hate to do this, as P&O is my favourite cruise line,but I feel people should be aware of what could happen to them, we have had an apology from P&O, and I will still cruise with the , but they need to look at their system again , it doesn't work pillows should be changes more often not every two years , the mattress and pillow protectors should be removed and washed every time there is a change over of passengers, but this isn't done..
              An Apology...........Is that it?

I would be telling them where to shove their 'Apology' in no uncertain terms and asking about some form of compensation. Money, a free cruise, a suite upgrade, free drinks, free excursions or something, anything worth more than an............'Apology'.
              Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                Your experience of finding filthy and bloodstained pillows is disgusting, Novice and I do think you should name and shame. Even it's just for the benefit of others using that same ship, forewarned is forearmed. Perhaps these cruise lines who replace their bedding infrequently need a bit of public pressure to rethink that policy!
                I had deduced the name of the cruise line from Carol's post.

Probably just me, I don't know if I would give the cruise line any more business.

Annie

Comment

The cruise line is P&O and the ship was Ventura, I hate to do this, as P&O is my favourite cruise line,but I feel people should be aware of what could happen to them, we have had an apology from P&O, and I will still cruise with the, but they need to look at their system again , it doesn't work pillows should be changed more often not every two years, the mattress and pillow protectors should be removed and washed every time there is a change over of passengers, but this isn't done..
                  Well, there you go. Poor & Ordinary cutting corners again. Shame on them.
                  When we were on P&O Arcadia world cruise 2013 not only the pillows were disgusting, but the mattress. I had to have housekeeping fumigate the cabin and the bed as we were getting bitten by something! Never had this on a cruise ever but it made me realise that the mattresses need changing quite frequently and the pillows.

Comment

If they changed it straight away and I had not used them that would be OK with me. But if discovered part way through the cruise I would be far from happy if we had slept with such dirty pillows.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                      An Apology...........Is that it?

I would be telling them where to shove their 'Apology' in no uncertain terms and asking about some form of compensation. Money, a free cruise, a suite upgrade, free drinks, free excursions or something, anything worth more than a............'Apology'.

Quite right Wilba, they need to realise we passengers will not accept lower standards. We don't sleep on dirty pillows at home so why on a cruise? Name & shame them at least.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                        I had deduced the name of the cruise line from Carol's post.

Probably just me, I don't know if I would give the cruise line any more business.

Annie
                        Annie

Dont know how you could have deduced from Carol's post which cruise line it was, considering how many cruise fb pages their are, including Cruisedot's own fb page.
                        However since the cruise line has been confirmed, I would have put money on your response, but then again your response is not the only one, I would have had a wager on.
                        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 29th December 2015, 07:21 PM.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by DUETTO, Staines View Post
                          If they changed it straight away and I had not used them that would be OK with me. But if discovered part way through the cruise I would be far from happy if we had slept with such dirty pillows.

I never slept on the dirty disgusting pillows they gave me as I had requested anti-allergic pillows and I knew as soon as I saw the lumpy, bumpy, pillows left for me on the bed they were not anti-allergic type so stripped off the cover to find a disgusting yellow-brown mess. Yuk!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                            Annie

Dont know how you could have deduced from Carol's post which cruise line it was, considering how many cruise fb pages their are, including Cruisedot's own fb page.
                            However since the cruise line has been confirmed, I would have put money on your response, but then again your response is not the only one, I would have had a wager on.
                            Hi Delboy

I'll have that glass of wine now - a little wager that I had with myself

Carol is shortly embarking on a P&O cruise this week?? predominantly sails P&O ?? is a Fb user and would be checking P&O's Fb pages in anticipation of her cruise.

Or call it female intuition - take your pick

Annie

Comment

Disgusting! I would change my pillows at home more often than every two years if there was a mark on them and I do use pillow protectors. Considering the cost of pillows I do think that P and O could afford to do this, but I suppose the word of a cabin steward would not be good enough to make them do this even though they are bound to notice when changing bedlinen. It is right to name and shame. I did the same when jewellery was stolen from my bag in an hotel room in Southampton. It lets people be aware of what might happen should they use the companies in question. Thankfully I never cruise with P and O.
                              Last edited by cruiser, Larne; 29th December 2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I wold hazard a guess that land based hotels don't change pillow and mattress protectors after every client. I have never checked pillows on a ship or a hotel but maybe now is the time to start...Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X