• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Cruise Lines - Poor Hygiene Measures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity Cruise Lines - Poor Hygiene Measures

Hi Two of Celebrity ships (out of a fleet of eleven) have recently failed their CDC inspections, is this worrying trend? Do you think this maybe a consequence of lower boarding fares resulting in a lack of staff training and adherence to the company's Health and Safety codes, and furthermore, would you be happy to sail with this company in future?

Originally posted by JOHN B SLOOP, Newcastle-upon-Tyne View Post
    Hi Two of Celebrity ships (out of a fleet of eleven) have recently failed their CDC inspections, is this worrying trend?
    All lines seem to fail from time, this includes P&O and Cunard etc. (Especially older ships).

I'd rather they 'fail' than just scrape through.

I don't see failure as a 'negative' I see it as th eincentive to put things right. It's a bit like failing your MOT - not a matter of shame, but a way of alering you of problems.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I hope there's no major issue as I'm sailing on Eclipse in May. I suspect that the standards are set so high for these ships that, even with a score a few marks short of passing, it'll still be a damn sight more 'hygienic' than eating at home!

Not long after we bought our new house, a strong (but not that strong) wind took some tiles off the apex of our roof. After some third party inspection it was discovered that the tiles hadn't been stuck down at all. The company quickly mended our roof and I now joke that we've probably got the best, most secure roof in the whole development. I suspect the same will be true of these ships. It wouldn't surprise me if, shortly after this fail, Celebrity vessels are the most sanitary at sea!
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
        I hope there's no major issue as I'm sailing on Eclipse in May. I suspect that the standards are set so high for these ships that, even with a score a few marks short of passing, it'll still be a damn sight more 'hygienic' than eating at home!
        Hi Some of the things were easy to correct - food which should have been kept at 4C was left at room temperature. I consider this strange surely even catering assisstants with the most basic training should know this, and what were the senior staff doing (or rather not doing) to allow this to occur.

Comment

Hi all, I,m with Duncan with this,i think cruise ships are much cleaner than some very good hotels,the bar seems to have been raised to a very high standard, especially with the e-coli, So,i am sure Celebrity will probably be "cleaner" Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
            Hi all, I,m with Duncan with this,i think cruise ships are much cleaner than some very good hotels,the bar seems to have been raised to a very high standard, especially with the e-coli, So,i am sure Celebrity will probably be "cleaner" Jan.
            Hi I don't think the USA authorties would agree with you the ship failed it's inspection and if it's true you believe that the ship is "cleaner" than a good quality hotel in the UK, why are the agencies in this country failing in their duties to safe guard the public!
            Last edited by JOHN B SLOOP, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 5th April 2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

The inspections are put in place to protect the public and not just a whipping tool.Any score below what they deem as acceptable is poor and not to be taken likely.Whether it is still above standards at home or in Hotel Restaurants is besides the point.I would be unhappy sailing on any vessel knowing that the hygiene score was even 1% below what it should be.Shame on Celebrity by accepting below recommended scores and not making sure that their ships are up to standard.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X