• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food in toilets!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Veendam had paper towel receptacles placed outside the door of the public loos. Encouraged the use of paper towel to open the main door.

The best doors I've seen have a door 'handle' one can slip one's arm through to open it. OK, germs are still the same but further away from your hands.
    Just like all taps in food premises, surgeries are elbow or knee operated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
      Veendam had paper towel receptacles placed outside the door of the public loos. Encouraged the use of paper towel to open the main door.

The best doors I've seen have a door 'handle' one can slip one's arm through to open it. OK, germs are still the same but further away from your hands.
      Princess does that a lot and where possible I use my elbow to open / push the door to avoid the handle while someplaces are designed such the door is open as the washroom is at the end of an L
      sigpicRob
      Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
        That man was a pillock, he could easily have stuck the cornet in his top pocket, held it in his mouth or just held it in one hand and not swapped it until he got outside. He could have let his child or partner or someone else hold it whilst he performed or the man in the next urinal may have obliged, like your husband.

Lots of things he could have done, but no, he has to change hands, like I say the man's a pillock. ....Neil
        Neil,, are you kidding me, one is going to hold something from this guys hand that was holding whatever in a washroom
        He could have stuck it in the plant in the washroom
        sigpicRob
        Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

I recall going to the gents at Halifax Agricultural show and seeing a bloke drinking a pint with one hand, whilst peeing with the other. I wondered why he didn't just cut out the middle man really?

Seriously though, is urine a problem? I always understood it was sterile when it leaves the body.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peterlg, Halifax View Post
            I recall going to the gents at Halifax Agricultural show and seeing a bloke drinking a pint with one hand, whilst peeing with the other. I wondered why he didn't just cut out the middle man really?

Seriously though, is urine a problem? I always understood it was sterile when it leaves the body.
            I'll drink to that. ....Neil

Comment

Regent have a dispenser by the door for little towels with which to hold the door handle - Seabourn didn't.

Comment

Here's how it's done:
                The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
                T Pratchett.

Comment

Thank you Santa for that! my first laugh out loud moment of the day, brilliant.....Carol

Comment

Mine too Carol. But it cannot have been on a ship.... No smoking in the toilets
                    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Oh dear no wonder we get Noravirus on cruises

Comment

Originally posted by paulvic, maidstone View Post
                        Oh dear no wonder we get Noravirus on cruises
                        No we don't get much of Nora's virus on our ships. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Waterbaby, London View Post
                          Just returned from a Baltic cruise with Cunard and wanted to mention one thing about hygiene. My husband said a bloke went into the toilets by the lido one afternoon with an ice-cream cone in hand. He proceeded to unzip and do his business whilst still holding the cone and continuing to eat the ice-cream - he then zipped up and transferred the cone to the other hand (the one he had used in all this) and then left the toilet without washing any hands! I hope he went down with something later! Anyone else seen anything like this?
                          I dont go into the mens toilets.

Comment

Just returned from a Baltic cruise with Cunard and wanted to mention one thing about hygiene. My husband said a bloke went into the toilets by the lido one afternoon with an ice-cream cone in hand. He proceeded to unzip and do his business whilst still holding the cone and continuing to eat the ice-cream - he then zipped up and transferred the cone to the other hand (the one he had used in all this) and then left the toilet without washing any hands! I hope he went down with something later! Anyone else seen anything like this?
                            Waterbaby Thats only the tip of the iceberg ...... J

Comment

Aren`t us men clever, not as easy for women, He He, And when will women learn to pick the seat back up after they have been?

Comment

Celebrity have notices too but they also have those push button thingies that open the doors automatically.

There are nearly always attendents in the loo and often they will push the button for you but, if not, I just use my arm.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X