• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food in toilets!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food in toilets!

Just returned from a Baltic cruise with Cunard and wanted to mention one thing about hygiene. My husband said a bloke went into the toilets by the lido one afternoon with an ice-cream cone in hand. He proceeded to unzip and do his business whilst still holding the cone and continuing to eat the ice-cream - he then zipped up and transferred the cone to the other hand (the one he had used in all this) and then left the toilet without washing any hands! I hope he went down with something later! Anyone else seen anything like this?

Originally posted by Phil McAvity, CrinklyBottom
    I wouldn't do it but it sounds from the post like he didn't touch anything else in the loos while he was there so no harm done - only his own bugs - and actually urine is normally sterile unless you have something very very wrong with you.
    Doesn't make it pleasant or acceptable though...........................you wouldn't catch me doing what Rolf Harris is reputed to do every morning...............
    It may be only his own bugs but he did not wash his hands and then used the door handle to get out of the toilets so he is spredding his bugs to the rest of us. I think taking food into a toilets is the pits!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterbaby, London View Post
      It may be only his own bugs but he did not wash his hands and then used the door handle to get out of the toilets so he is spredding his bugs to the rest of us. I think taking food into a toilets is the pits!
      ...and I certainly hope your husband remonstrated with the offender.

Comment

On Ventura this June, there was a notice in the ladies asking you to use a towel for the door handle, and there was a bin outside. The number of people who just ignored.....
        Jo.
        Jo.

Comment

Ah, now the fuller story is developing, using the door handle was not mentioned originally.

I always wash and dry my hands and then use the paper towel between my hand and the door handle so I would not have contracted anything.

If you don't do that then it is always very risky.
          Why not have the washroom doors opening the opposite way, push outwards (Swedish style) instead of inwards.

No need to use paper towels then.

OSD.
          Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sea Dog, Stockport View Post
            Why not have the washroom doors opening the opposite way, push outwards (Swedish style) instead of inwards.

No need to use paper towels then.

OSD.
            Elf & Safety

Comment

Have the doors propped open and end the problem!

Sue

Comment

Let us but hope that he didn't share his ice cream.
                Ms vale morir de pie que vivir de rodillas!

Comment

Doors

QUOTE: "It would of course be sensible to open out, except they probably worry about people outside getting hit with the door..........."

The same can be said about people on the inside at the moment. The augument swings both ways, just like the doors.

Just had an idea. How about saloon doors!

Mine's a pint!

OSD. :D
                  Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sea Dog, Stockport View Post
                    QUOTE: "It would of course be sensible to open out, except they probably worry about people outside getting hit with the door..........."

The same can be said about people on the inside at the moment. The augument swings both ways, just like the doors.

Just had an idea. How about saloon doors!

Mine's a pint!

OSD. :D
                    People inside are just standing there stationary whereas people outside are probably walking past not expecting a door to suddenly be flung open and hit them in the chops, sliding automatic doors would be the answer maybe?
                    I have seen saloon doors on washrooms, don't think on a ship though, works OK.

Comment

Let's not even go to the subject of whether it had choc chips in it..............
                      Was it lemon choc chip? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Londoncruiser, London View Post

Sue
                        No peaking as you walk by :D

Comment

Originally posted by Londoncruiser, London View Post

Sue

Just take the doors off altogether - even easier. :D
                          sigpic
                          Cruisings Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Barrowman, Bedford View Post
                            Just take the doors off altogether - even easier. :D
                            I saw a guy taking off a gate

I didn't say anything in case he took a fence :D :D

Comment

Veendam had paper towel receptacles placed outside the door of the public loos. Encouraged the use of paper towel to open the main door.

The best doors I've seen have a door 'handle' one can slip one's arm through to open it. OK, germs are still the same but further away from your hands.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X