• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PO Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PO Prices

Hi

I know this has been said already, but I am looking at a med cruise on Oceana from Malta this September .

We both have a week off in September and fancy a bit of sun, but the prices are so high compared to last year. I am not the best sailor so need to pick a midship cabin . So have to have the select fare.

Looking at the prices today we can have 10 days in some really lovely hotels, all inclusive as well for the price of a weeks cruise . When you consider the tips and bar bill for the cruise it's a no brainier really .

So looks like a hotel not a ship 🚢 this September.

Will give it it till next weekend and decide one way or the other .

Have you considered other cruise lines? I think as the Brit market is expanding, P&O feel they have it cornered to a certain degree as it is the 'go to'

Of course that depends on what you want from a cruise?

Comment

Hi

Yes we would try a different cruise line , but to be honest there is not that much of a difference between them all . We are thinking of PO as my elderly father is coming and he is a die hard PO man . He is happy to pay single cabin supplement it's what he is used to. Plus as he says what else is he going to do with his money 💰, he tells us daily at 86 he is to old to spend it on wild woman and whisky.

Problem is is I don,t want to spend a week listening to him saying , it's not like this with PO. So for a quiet life we will stick with them .

He has agreed to going in a good hotel in Spain as a last resort, so that's the back up plan.

I have gone from trying to please teenage children when choosing a holiday, to pleasing dad for a quiet life.

But wouldn't have him any other way honestly 🙂🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Flintshirelady, Rhyl View Post
        Hi

Yes we would try a different cruise line , but to be honest there is not that much of a difference between them all . We are thinking of PO as my elderly father is coming and he is a die hard PO man . He is happy to pay single cabin supplement it's what he is used to. Plus as he says what else is he going to do with his money 💰, he tells us daily at 86 he is to old to spend it on wild woman and whisky.

Problem is is I don,t want to spend a week listening to him saying , it's not like this with PO. So for a quiet life we will stick with them .

He has agreed to going in a good hotel in Spain as a last resort, so that's the back up plan.

I have gone from trying to please teenage children when choosing a holiday, to pleasing dad for a quiet life.

But wouldn't have him any other way honestly 🙂🙂
        Fred Olsen??

Annie

Comment

Funny I was going to do a blog on the prices of a cruise, last week we booked superior delux balcony cabin on Ventura mid ship 12 nights for just over £1000 whitch I thought was very good. But today we went out for lunch the bill came to £70 and it made me think if we did this for say 10 days it would be £700 and I said to my wife the price of a cruise could be as low as example £550 for inside cabin and my wife said if we came here for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner what would the final price of the restaurant be. Now to be honest I'm one of the first to moan about a cruise price but now I will look at it differently. As for your cruise we picked a DA grade cabin early saver fare but all DA cabins are mid ship we do not know what cabin we get but it has to be a DA and they are only on mid ship could be worth looking at it. Anyway good luck what ever way you go.

Comment

Hi, Over the years I've sailed with P&O many times, but after having an unsatisfactory cruise on Azura, I wasn't keen on using P&O again. However, I was tempted by a good solo cabin offer and the opportunity of flying from my local airport to join Oceana in Malta. I sailed in May this year.

I'm pleased to report that the cruise was excellent. The travel arrangements worked perfectly and transfers to and from the ship were seamless. Good food, brilliant waiters, excellent service throughout the ship and enjoyable entertainment. I took three ship's tours, two were wine tastings and the other was an unaccompanied trip to Lucca. All the guides were very knowledgeable and amusing. We all agreed the tours were some of the best we had ever taken. Over indulgence at the wine tastings could well have influenced our favourable comments!

I know there is no guarantee of calm seas and good weather, but we were very fortunate to have had both.

I hope you will find something to suit both you and your elderly father. I am not a die hard P&0 fan, but my cruise on Oceana more than met my expectations.

Happy cruising! Jan

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X