• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk

The recent hot weather has brought out bare shoulders and arms, bare midriffs, bare legs and, yuk, yuk, yuk, tattoos, chav stamps and inkings or call them what you will. Current large scale works make a sailors tattoos pale into insignificance.

Why someone completely defiles what nature has given them is completely beyond me. Pink hair, long finger nails, pierced ears or whatever current passing fashion dictates will eventually "grow out" but not "permanent" tattoos. Unless of course one is very rich and can afford expensive, potentially dangerous and painfull laser removal.

Just imagine what that "beautiful" elegant swan will look like in 40 years time or what the new man thinks of a previous mans name permanently etched on her body.

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    The recent hot weather has brought out bare shoulders and arms, bare midriffs, bare legs and, yuk, yuk, yuk, tattoos, chav stamps and inkings or call them what you will. Current large scale works make a sailors tattoos pale into insignificance.

Why someone completely defiles what nature has given them is completely beyond me. Pink hair, long finger nails, pierced ears or whatever current passing fashion dictates will eventually "grow out" but not "permanent" tattoos. Unless of course one is very rich and can afford expensive, potentially dangerous and painfull laser removal.

Just imagine what that "beautiful" elegant swan will look like in 40 years time or what the new man thinks of a previous mans name permanently etched on her body.
    You sound a bundle of fun John.

Is this another of your threads whereby you make a statement and then make no further comment.

Each to their own I say.
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

live and let live, dont look if it offends,

Comment

Body modifications(voluntarily) have been part of human culture since the beginning.

get with times.

Tattoo fixers worth a look if you think the only corrective option is laser for the mistakes.

I suspect you would not be impressed with some of the more extreme body modified people.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
          You sound a bundle of fun John.

Is this another of your threads whereby you make a statement and then make no further comment.

Each to their own I say.
          Hit the nail on the head there Derek!

Comment

What ever they have done to their bodies is their problem. It takes all sorts as they say.

Comment

Thanks for starting a thread John.

However is it not rather sexist?? I could be wrong but does David Beckham not sport the odd tattoo and does SamCam ??

As TD says, body art has been fashionable for centuries.

Not for me but each to their own.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                Thanks for starting a thread John.

However is it not rather sexist?? I could be wrong but does David Beckham not sport the odd tattoo and does SamCam ??

As TD says, body art has been fashionable for centuries.

Not for me but each to their own.

Annie
                Morning Annie.

We now see it every day both male and females some have both arm'sand legs tattooed not many I would call tasteful.
                We have a couple of blokes who have them on there face and neck, strangely enough they have not worked for years.

As one Comedian said about Cheryl Cole when she hits 65 that tattoo will look like a bat stuck to her ass?...Taffy

Not into pain hence no ear piercing's or tattoo's
                ​Taffy

Comment

I used to be really anti tattoo, but these days I think it depends on the person. LOVE and HATE across the knuckles, or "cut here" across the throat, or indeed anything else of a threatening or obscene nature, I hate. The current male fashion for the Maori type of design I actually find quite attractive on some men. Yes, I must be sexist, I hate tattoos on women. Judith

Comment

You can't judge a book by its cover!!!!......................................... ..Carol

Comment

You can't get into massage parlours in Japan if you have a tattoo. That was the defining moment that it was not for me. At least that's how it was in the 70's. Things may have changed but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                        You can't judge a book by its cover!!!!......................................... ..Carol
                        Oh yes you can!

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                          Originally posted by Nick_C, Worthing View Post
                          Oh yes you can!
                          Many books have glitzy inviting covers but when you get down to reading them, they contain no substance whatsoever.

The older I get, the more I realise you shouldn't judge people by how they look.

Comment

It is well to remember when you are judging others, they are judging you, with the same godlike and superior impartiality.
                            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 25th July 2016, 09:13 AM.
                            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I agree that you can't/shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but first impressions do count with most of us.

If the Maitre' D on your next cruise had tats up the side of his neck and face, would you be impressed? I know I wouldn't.

As many of you know I have just returned from a Med cruise and one of the Deck waiters was a young white American whose uniform was shirt and shorts. He wore a flesh coloured stocking on one leg and we both assumed he was an amputee.

He was serving us on one of the last days of cruise when an American passenger three tables away 'discreetly' yelled, "Hey buddy, watcha' done to ya' leg"?

He reached down rolled his stocking down to reveal a perfectly normal limb with a massive tattoo on his shin.

Company policy, I'm not allowed to display tattoos.

I agree with their policy...........Wilba
                              Wilba

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X