• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens when you are denied boarding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens when you are denied boarding?

Hello all x as I wrote last week I was "denied boarding" on Bolette, I was told by the cruise director that fred olsen would contact me within five days to rearrange my cruise..I waited a full nine days then phoned fred where I was played music to for 18mins eventually a person picked up the phone to tell me to claim on my ins... I dont want to do that, I want to rearrange my cruise, so I was told I would have to go back through Iglu where I had booked the cruise two years ago, I phoned them yesterday and was played music to for 1 hour, 12mins 47secs, charles then picked up the phone to say it wasnt his dept and he would transfer me, after another 47mins I gathered nobody was going to pick up the phone so...... who can I speak to.... who sorts out my rearranged cruise??? any help gratefully received........ thank you x hugs x

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
    Hello all x as I wrote last week I was "denied boarding" on Bolette, I was told by the cruise director that fred olsen would contact me within five days to rearrange my cruise..I waited a full nine days then phoned fred where I was played music to for 18mins eventually a person picked up the phone to tell me to claim on my ins... I dont want to do that, I want to rearrange my cruise, so I was told I would have to go back through Iglu where I had booked the cruise two years ago, I phoned them yesterday and was played music to for 1 hour, 12mins 47secs, charles then picked up the phone to say it wasnt his dept and he would transfer me, after another 47mins I gathered nobody was going to pick up the phone so...... who can I speak to.... who sorts out my rearranged cruise??? any help gratefully received........ thank you x hugs x
    Looking at this link, It looks like you will have to claim from your Travel Insurance.

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/travel-confidence
    WILL IT BE MANDATORY TO HAVE COVID COVER AND CRUISE SPECIFIC TRAVEL INSURANCE?

We already require all guests to have cruise specific travel insurance with repatriation cover, including airlift at sea.

You will also need to ensure your policy includes Covid-19 specific cover. This must be both pre-departure and post-departure to ensure you are protected in case you test positive for Covid-19 during your sailing, need to disembark for medical treatment or travel safely back home. Please ensure your insurance includes cancellation or curtailment cover for Covid-19.

Our recommended travel insurance provider, Holiday Extras, has updated their policy details to include cover for coronavirus. This will support you if you become ill during your cruise with medical assistance plus repatriation costs and accommodation for you and a companion should you need it. This new policy is available to all guests who meet Holiday Extra’s health criteria, including those aged over 70.

Comment

I imagine your contract is with your agent, Iglu in your case and you need to deal with them. The cruise director probably doesn't know anything about your particular booking.

Comment

Hi Ev
        Is there anything in FO t&c to say they have to rearrange a cancelled cruise due to failing a COVID test?
        It doesn’t seem so,,,,it seems FO washes its hands of the problem and says hard luck claim off your insurance.n

Lesson learnt…….
        Next time book with a more sympathetic cruise line….
        P&O and Celebrity get you home in a taxi and give you FCC to use to book another cruise.
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi all x FO say you will have your cruise rearranged.................. anyway, thanks to you all for your advice, all been sorted now, spent a long time on the phone to FO and longer with Iglu over a period of about 4 days and when I eventually managed to speak to the right people it was all sorted, have now rebooked to go to Iceland next May... Just lots of needless stress, also goes to show that salespeople are vastly diffrently trained to what are supposed to be " customer service " x hugs all x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X