• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
    Yes I was wondering if that may be the case. I must say the safety protocols sound very comprehensive. All passengers must have had both vaccines at least 2 weeks prior to sailing. The ship will only be 60% full, cabins will be fogged between cruises and all luggage sanitised before loading.
    I really like the sound of a brand new ship.
    Some innovative ideas. Shake your phone 3 times and a bottle of champagne will be delivered to you wherever you are on the ship. The balcony has a comfortable hammock as well as chairs
    Some of the entertainment sounds interesting, if a bit dodgy!
    No main dining room, a selection of 20 smaller eating venues instead, all serving different cuisine.
    Hi ILS

Check out the other place - from what I have read. you will not be the eldest.

Annie

Comment

I watched a video of the Scarlet Lady and whilst I will never say never it struck me that they were trying a bit too hard to be different. The ship looked like IKEA meets Lego. It's clearly not aimed at oldies like me but given what Covid has done to the cruise industry maybe that's the demographic they'll get.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi ILS

Check out the other place - from what I have read. you will not be the eldest.

Annie
        Thanks Annie I will have a look

Comment

I got a reply from the email I sent to Virgin asking if we were too old for scarlet lady. It was a bit evasive, saying there is something for everyone. I do quite fancy it but having had a look at the dates it only sails during August. We already have Cornwall booked and a concert at Castle Howard during August. Having been locked down for so long we might not stand the pace!

Comment

I got a reply from the email I sent to Virgin asking if we were too old for scarlet lady. It was a bit evasive, saying there is something for everyone. I do quite fancy it but having had a look at the dates it only sails during August. We already have Cornwall booked and a concert at Castle Howard during August. Having been locked down for so long we might not stand the pace!

I wonder what they meant?
            Mug of Horlicks and Murder She Wrote on the in-cabin TV?

Comment

Even with a cruise lines main target demographic out of your comfort zone alternatives can work very well.

The virgin ethos is probably closest to NCL which is our best fit on the current crop of lines, even then we mix it up.
              I suspect a trial on one of these short trips would be good to see if something like a transatlantic would work as they are a decent price
              big issue is drinks no package you are relying on PAYG from a OBC/bartab bonus

Comment

Well I hope we find out when a forum member who is booked on her reports back.

Annie

Comment

Annie
                  That will be me! Encouraged by reading about lady sailing with her 85 year old mother and a chat with a very nice lady from virgin who assured us we would be fine we have booked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Even with a cruise lines main target demographic out of your comfort zone alternatives can work very well.

The virgin ethos is probably closest to NCL which is our best fit on the current crop of lines, even then we mix it up.
                    I suspect a trial on one of these short trips would be good to see if something like a transatlantic would work as they are a decent price
                    big issue is drinks no package you are relying on PAYG from a OBC/bartab bonus
                    We have 100 dollars obc. Decided not to go for the prepaid drinks. Prices seem fairly reasonable with no service charge added. Cocktails 9 dollars beer 5 dollars. We worked it out even with our best efforts we wouldn't spend 400 dollars in 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

I wonder what they meant?
                      Mug of Horlicks and Murder She Wrote on the in-cabin TV?
                      It did mention the balcony was big enough to do down dog. It also mention you could do it in your cabin too which was a bit worrying! Horlicks sounds appealing! Too late now we have booked it

Comment

That will be me! Encouraged by reading about lady sailing with her 85 year old mother and a chat with a very nice lady from virgin who assured us we would be fine we have booked it!
                        No you are now the 2nd forum member I know who has booked.

Annie

Comment

No you are now the 2nd forum member I know who has booked.

Annie
                          Are they very old!

Comment

Are they very old!
                            No about my age and that is most definitely not very old

Annie

Comment

No about my age and that is most definitely not very old

Annie
                              The lady i spoke to when I booked said people from 18 to 95 have booked

Comment

Annie
                                Too good an opportunity to miss. They claim to be very vegan friendly which was enough for Mrs. W to be curious.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the ship and experiencing Virgin Voyages. BTW, we have gone with the long weekend as opposed to the weekday haze. 3 nights should be more than enough to give us a feel of the ship and product.

We did like some of the MSC prices but were put off after the poor show for vegans on Grandiosa. As much as their buffet is nice, one choice in the dining room is behind some of the other lines
                                www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X