• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much longer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
    Hi jc

Cheap booze in supermarkets and the smoking ban killed most pubs before the Covid

Garf
    Hi Garf
    All Millennials.........

JC
    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 13th October 2020, 03:11 PM.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Small fry compared to cancer treatment, but our surgery will only book people in for flu vaccines if they're key workers or vulnerable. My wife, who takes blood pressure medication was refused a blood pressure check and told to buy a machine and do it herself.
      Our surgery is giving flu vaccinations to the older ones amongst us but all diabetic & heart failure clinics have been cancelled. No idea what's happening with the Warfarin clinics.

In the past our GP would never give out prescriptions without tests but a few months ago I rang to discuss an infection with a GP no discussion was forthcoming but I was told by the receptionist a prescription for an antibiotic had been sent to the chemist!

Interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Our surgery is giving flu vaccinations to the older ones amongst us but all diabetic & heart failure clinics have been cancelled. No idea what's happening with the Warfarin clinics.

In the past our GP would never give out prescriptions without tests but a few months ago I rang to discuss an infection with a GP no discussion was forthcoming but I was told by the receptionist a prescription for an antibiotic had been sent to the chemist!

Interesting times!
        That's just plain wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

That's just plain wrong!
          Definitely but I'm not surprised, the whole thing has been going downhill since our excellent GP practice merged with another three practices two years ago, so not everything can be blamed on COVID but it's a great excuse now. No idea who is running the show there now but it's awful. We used to regularly be asked to complete feedback forms about the practice. Not a single one in sight now.

I wonder why the excellent Walk In Centres which we used have (which for some idiotic reason have been closing over the past three years) have not been utilised for the additional needs such as clinics for diabetics & heart failure. Such an appalling waste of wonderful community facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Interesting times!
            Warfarin clinics will have been amongst the only ones operating throughout the pandemic. I work at the warfarin clinic at our local teaching hospital and we have been operating all the time. Our advisors have been wearing masks, gloves and aprons while we on the reception desk now have full Perspex screens in front of us, but we still wear masks. I ask all the patients to use the hand gel provided and I sanitise their yellow warfarin booklets with special wipes. The seats in the waiting area are all spaced out and they get cleaned down through the day. We even have a specially timed clinic for vulnerable patients to help them minimise contact with other people in the hospital setting.

Our GP has been doing phone consultations and when I needed to I was able to email a couple of photos of what was wrong with my eye to her. She was then able to prescribe something specific which I was able to get from my local pharmacy.

Take care and stay well. Helen🍀

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

Warfarin clinics will have been amongst the only ones operating throughout the pandemic. I work at the warfarin clinic at our local teaching hospital and we have been operating all the time. Our advisors have been wearing masks, gloves and aprons while we on the reception desk now have full Perspex screens in front of us, but we still wear masks. I ask all the patients to use the hand gel provided and I sanitise their yellow warfarin booklets with special wipes. The seats in the waiting area are all spaced out and they get cleaned down through the day. We even have a specially timed clinic for vulnerable patients to help them minimise contact with other people in the hospital setting.

Our GP has been doing phone consultations and when I needed to I was able to email a couple of photos of what was wrong with my eye to her. She was then able to prescribe something specific which I was able to get from my local pharmacy.

Take care and stay well. Helen🍀
              Thanks Helen

Your clinic sounds very safe. Thankfully I'm on Apixaban so don't need regular blood tests at the clinic. The nurse giving the Flu jabs wore a face shiels but the receptionists didn't. They were behind the plastic screen but one had to come out to open the door for us!

We have been with our current surgery for nearly fifty years and all the doctors we have had until the practice merger have been great. The doctor knew you and we had no problems getting appointments with our previous doctor. Interestingly now all the doctors just work part time!

Sad to see it go downhill but I'm not sure that the others are any better.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X