• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will they listen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will they listen?

well I have written to the world and his wife now about my long ago refund.... I have written (a proper letter! ) to the chaiman of IGLU, I have emailed to rob, and to the generated crowd, one of whom has my money! I have also asked if I will get interest on what is owing to me.... will let you know what happens x all the best heather x x

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
    well I have written to the world and his wife now about my long ago refund.... I have written (a proper letter! ) to the chaiman of IGLU, I have emailed to rob, and to the generated crowd, one of whom has my money! I have also asked if I will get interest on what is owing to me.... will let you know what happens x all the best heather x x
    I asked for interest to be paid by BA and cruise dot but didn’t get it. 😂😂 good luck.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I’m afraid the answer is “not a cat in Hell’s chance” Ev. You’ll be lucky to get your refund and that rather grudgingly.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

thank you helen x but i live in hope x

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
          I would do 2 things- put something on their facebook page as to how long you have been waiting and you cannot get a response or refund from the company and how you have tried. You usually get a response then.

If no further forward or response, send an email threatening legal action if you have been waiting for over the quoted time and giving them a set amount of time to respond before proceedings. If you are not sure of your rights, you could ask citizens advice who may be able to advise further on how to word your strong email.

Comment

Hello—— we had a similar experience with IGLU last year . We were booked through them to cruise around the Arabian Gulf with Marella. It was obvious when PO pulled out of cruising in that area the cruise would be cancelled. But Marella left it till less than a month before . The booking was made in my name, but 3 cabins were linked to it, and my friends transferred the money to myself. But I had paid the balance. The booking was for a special birthday and we all wanted a refund to book another holiday. I tried all of the above and was getting nowhere. I was so stressed as it wasn’t just our money involved. In the end I emailed IGLU a copy of a letter I told them I was sending to the BBC holiday watchdog programme and the Daily Mail. 24 hours later. I was contacted by a customer care consultant from IGLU who arranged the refund. Now it may have been coincidence or luck . But that worked for me.

Comment

41A8403F-81B8-45A8-BF97-A025D8D9F491.jpeg

Comment

thank you for your valuable advice x I actually had a real live phone call this morning from iglu saying my fefund is being prossessed... ( we will see on that one! ) but at least now I know who has been keeping hold of my money too....... so I will know in future what company NOT to use x many thank all x love and hugs heather x x

Comment

Marella refund started on a Friday night the day they cancelled the cruise, processed Monday back on the CC Tuesday morning.

It can be done.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X