• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is your doctor working yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our GP's are definitely still working and seeing patients when necessary, my husband has had to see our GP several times during lockdown and it has never been a problem in fact on one occasion she managed to fast track a hospital appointment which she considered was urgent, he has also had two operations during lockdown as an outpatient.

I can't praise our surgery enough from the receptionists to the GP's they have done an excellent job under very difficult conditions, the support has been second to none.
    Jo

Comment

Our surgery can be contacted online or by phone if you have a problem. I filled in an online form for a fairly minor problem recently. The next morning I received a call from a nurse practitioner who prescribed some antibiotics. The problem persisted so I contacted the surgery a week later. I received another phone call from another nurse practitioner who prescribed a different medication, which did the trick.

During early lockdown, I was due for a routine blood test. I phoned the surgery to ask if I should not bother given the circumstances with lockdown. They told me that I should and made an appt for me. When I went to the surgery, I was met at the door and ushered into a room, where a nurse, who was wearing full PPE did the blood test.

Our surgery is working very efficiently during this crisis and I am confident that I could see a doctor if it became necessary to do so.
      Jill

Comment

Our doctors are working. My wife has had several phone consultations, a face to face consultation and a hospital referral which was followed up very quickly. She had a blood sample taken by the nurse whilst sitting in the car in the car park. I have had a phone consultation. Out in a rural area our surgery has it's own dispensary which is working as normal, new and repeat prescriptions as usual.

I spoke to one of the staff a couple of weeks ago and was pleased to hear all at the surgery are well. Phone consultations may not be so convenient for some but the surgery hasn't "fallen over", the object of the exercise.

Comment

My doctors are definitely working, my husband has been terminally ill & my GP has been brilliant with phone calls & home visits ( in PPE). Sadly my beloved husband & soulmate passed away peacefully yesterday, my GP came & was a great comfort.

Whilst on this note can I ask forum members to be mindful when posting topic headings as I found a recent one re RIP cruise ships distasteful, ships cannot be regarded the same as family members & loved ones.

i will be taking a break from the forums & concentrating on my family. Pat

Comment

Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
            My doctors are definitely working, my husband has been terminally ill & my GP has been brilliant with phone calls & home visits ( in PPE). Sadly my beloved husband & soulmate passed away peacefully yesterday, my GP came & was a great comfort.

Whilst on this note can I ask forum members to be mindful when posting topic headings as I found a recent one re RIP cruise ships distasteful, ships cannot be regarded the same as family members & loved ones.

Hi Pat ,sorry to hear about your husband.Take care and I'm sure your family will help you through this time.

Comment

Strangely I was just thinking about the other day.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Take care

Annie
              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 23rd July 2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Morning Pat
                Deepest condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Garf

Comment

Hi Pat

Sorry to hear about your husband.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
                  Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Sincere condolences Pat on the loss of your dear husband. I hope you have family to comfort you during this very sad and difficult time. Jan

Comment

Yes they are definetly working !1 my husband has terminal cancer and was very poorly last week with awful stomach pains, I called the doctor, and he came out all togged up and attended to Joe, [morphine , etc] the doctor has cllaed three times in the last eight days,, we have a pallative nurse calling they are excellent. as well. Joe has also attended the surgery for bloodtests etc duing the pandemic, Its the hospitals that turned us away and said the op that was proimised would not take place ?

Very disappointing for Joe! he firmly believes that cancer ops have been put on the back burner . as have a lot of new cancer patients .We have a large private hospital in Truro which was put on standy for corona patients, it was not needed [thank ]goodness] so no need to cancel out necessary ops but they did!! Also he hasn't seen the consultant for three months hust a telephone call? . No I give the doctors in the surgery full marks.77

[I have been on messages through the forum with Pat [ she lives not far from me] and she has also had a n awful time of it though lockdown, but thank goodness it all came together for her having her dear husband home with her and the family ] . CG
                      Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; 23rd July 2020, 10:20 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

sending you hugs pat x x

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss Pat. My sympathies to you and your family.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages it means a lot to my family & myself at this heartbreaking time. My husband was only 67, taken far too soon. Xx

Comment

that is far too soon x my heart goes out to you sweetheart x huge, huge hugs x x x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X