• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
    Next year...
    Are you going to organise a forum cruise then Garfie?
    Jill

Comment

Our next three cruises are with Cunard. First one is the big band four nighter to Amsterdam on QE . We paid Cunard fare so we could choose our balcony cabin and dining time, and the shuttle will be included.

We know what to expect with the bar prices but it's not the be all and end all. I drink the tap water and we will take our refillable bottles with us like we do at work. There's no need to buy bottled water
      BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Are you going to organise a forum cruise then Garfie?
        If you want me to although I don't think it will take much organising.
        Wilba and jc aren't coming for a starter..

Comment

I will .................................................. .................................Carol

Comment

Maybe they would make an exception if it's a forum cruise. We can take wine boxes on board, which will ease the bar costs.
            Jill

Comment

If you can get jc onboard Cunard I'll start to believe in fairies and leprechauns..
              Garf

Edit.
              Just been told by 'Er indoors not to make promises I cant keep.
              She will need to ask about time off as she would need to take a couple of days.

Plenty of time.

Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 21st July 2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

I will .................................................. .................................Carol
                Me too Carol so that's 3 of us (and our OHs).
                Jill

Comment

I am not a Cunarder and frankly having come across some I’d be appalled to have that label.
                  They don’t do the brand any justice whatsoever.

We had a disastrous experience on Qm2 two years ago and on giving them one more go we’ve just had a fabulous experience on Queen Victoria and frankly o can’t wait to go back on her (price watching fjords next year and thinking of Baltic 2021)

In answer to your questions the drinks packages are expensive and unless you drink like a fish aren’t needed.
                  A small glass of rosé in the MDR cost me $8 + grat.

You can drink everything else for free! Other than wine with my meal we didn’t pay for another drink all week.
                  Water, Orange, pineapple, cranberry, apple juice, lemonade, smoothies, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, various types of milk all available in the Lido buffet.

We found the quality of everything very good mostly. I was impressed with their ability to cope with my celiac disease, hubby wasn’t wowed with the food choice but enjoyed what he did have.

Shuttle buses werent needed on our itinerary except in Bergen where the port authority bumped us from our city centre berth into the commercial area and laid on a free shuttle.

Other than one indignant Maitre D in the Lido who waved my Gluten free question away with a flap of his hand (and spent most of the week on his phone) our experience was great.

I am not a Cunarder and never will be, but Cunard yup we would cruise with again.
                  Last edited by cymrucruiser; 21st July 2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I am SO glad you liked ''my'' ship CC, and I'm not a Cunarder either. I reckon I'm a Cunard Victorian!!

Comment

If you can get jc onboard Cunard I'll start to believe in fairies and leprechauns..
                      Garf

Edit.

Plenty of time.
                      I’ve got it in black and white on my QV blog that I was tempting JC to try Cunard 😂😂🙌

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                        I am SO glad you liked ''my'' ship CC, and I'm not a Cunarder either. I reckon I'm a Cunard Victorian!!
                        Indeed I do. I’ve set up trackers for both her fjords cruises next year.
                        Baltic is next on the list so will be interesting to see what she has for there in 2021.

i now totally get why she’s your favourite and I totally get what you mean about the fjords.

Had the most hilarious run in with a Cunarder. He nearly choked on his cornflakes by the time I’d finished putting him straight and then gave us dirty looks the rest of the week 😂😂😂

Comment

Garf

Edit.

Plenty of time.
                          Here you are Garf.
                          image.gif
                          I did think as Mrs M made the effort to go on P&O I should try Cunard.

Then I read this thread and all my fears have been confirmed!!!!
                          JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

. I think CC has said it all for me. She went with a sceptical attitude, and loved it. Same with me on Arcadia and unexpectedly, I had a great time JC. You never know, you might too, on a Cunard shortie

Comment

Very interesting comments: thank you, for or against. Certainly Victoria used to be the best of the three Queens and seems she still is.

Comment

Originally posted by BinleyBilly, Binley, Coventry View Post
                                Very interesting comments: thank you, for or against. Certainly Victoria used to be the best of the three Queens and seems she still is.
                                If I'm honest, I prefer QM2.
                                Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X