• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Olsen flights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    Will throw this in as an option.

Have you looked at extending to the 42night cruise and returning from Dubai there should be a lot more choice on the flights from there

on current prices it is £1600 more for the extra 14n inside.
    We did think about it but it is not the flight home that is the problem. We would still have to do the ling flight to Cairns, also we have been to all the ports on that leg but very few of the ones we are going to on the 28 nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
      This may be of interest if the timings work

https://aeronauticsonline.com/emirat...aunch-in-2020/

John
      Sounds interesting. Wonder if it will be in time for January

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
        I see that the Foreign Office have relaxed the travel advice relating to Sri Lanka, so your ship will probably be going there.
        Thanks for posting.

I think ILS issue is with the approx. 30 hour flight to Cairns which will probably have 2 changes of aircraft. Could be worse - could be a direct flight on TC.

Anni

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Thanks for posting.

I think ILS issue is with the approx. 30 hour flight to Cairns which will probably have 2 changes of aircraft. Could be worse - could be a direct flight on TC.

Anni
          Actually I am beginning to wish it was. At last it would be quicker. We fly Manchester Abu Dhabi Singapore Sydney Cairns .
          I was dreading the TC flight we did in December to Mauritius and back from Columbo but it was OK. We were so lucky with so many spare seats I had the 4 in the middle to myself ad did lots of other passengers. The armrests went up so I was able to lay down. A bit narrow and had to be careful when turning over but a better experience than their premium economy seats we had on our trip to India in February.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

Actually I am beginning to wish it was. At last it would be quicker. We fly Manchester Abu Dhabi Singapore Sydney Cairns .
            I was dreading the TC flight we did in December to Mauritius and back from Columbo but it was OK. We were so lucky with so many spare seats I had the 4 in the middle to myself ad did lots of other passengers. The armrests went up so I was able to lay down. A bit narrow and had to be careful when turning over but a better experience than their premium economy seats we had on our trip to India in February.
            An extra change in Singapore - that is a bummer.

Good luck !

Annie

Comment

I don't understand why they are sending you to Sydney before Cairns. My wife went straight to Cairns from Singapore, but that was with Qantas. Presume it's because Etihad etc don't fly to Cairns directly. It was still around 24 hours, but better than 30.

Comment

I don't understand why they are sending you to Sydney before Cairns. My wife went straight to Cairns from Singapore, but that was with Qantas. Presume it's because Etihad etc don't fly to Cairns directly. It was still around 24 hours, but better than 30.
                Neither can I. I am sure they could have found a better route. All down to cost I expect. We flew Quantas premium economy lady time we went to Australia and has a few days in Singapore on the way to break the journey and Bangkok on the way home. Still waiting to hear what our options were from the agent. He is on the case now.

Comment

I do - to save money! FO are going for the cheapest option JMO. Singapore airlines also fly direct from Singapore to Cairns.

Annie

Comment

It's not looking good. The agent can't find any suitable flights to fit in with the dates of the cruise even if we go a few days earlier. He rang FO again to see if there was any way we could book our seats on the flights we have and still no.

Comment

How hard are they looking?

cruise
                      Cairns 10 Jan (MAN flights 7th)
                      Colombo 5/6 (chose 6th)

current pricing(inside @ £4,999) has a £1,500 flight credit cruise only

via skyscanner economy £900 premium economy £2,600pp business £2,900
                      (cabin not available on all legs)

BA site business(all legs) £3600pp

momondo(finds more bucket shop seats than skyscanner)
                      https://www.momondo.co.uk/flight-sea...s?sort=price_a

using one of my US(fareboom) options that can show multiple days/full month,
                      how about this business option on Emirates(dates are changeable)

flight.JPG

can get the business flights down to £2,800pp with not so good routing

Comment

Thanks for looking Topdeck. Business class would be nice but too expensive to upgrade all the legs. I asked if we could just upgrade from Abu Dhabi to Sydney with our FO flights but we can't. FO are so inflexible Premium economy is what we really want but options very limited that is why the agent is struggling to find anything.

He said the flights we have are the best route available in terms of flight times. One option he came up with had us flying from Columbo to Singapore with a 9 hour wait. Th at is just ridiculous. I know you can have a free tour of Singapore but we will just have been there in the cruise.
                        If we could just book our seats I would probrably resign myself to the flights we have. My husband keeps saying it's only 30 hours out of our lives. I can tell he is losing patience with the whole thing. I know we have got ourselves into this situation by not researching properly when we booked but I never thought go ask about booking seats as I have never not been able to before.

Comment

If we could just book our seats I would probrably resign myself to the flights we have. My husband keeps saying it's only 30 hours out of our lives. I can tell he is losing patience with the whole thing. I know we have got ourselves into this situation by not researching properly when we booked but I never thought go ask about booking seats as I have never not been able to before.
                          Don't beat yourself up. It's a live and learn situation.
                          A few years ago now, we booked flights with Cunard as their pricing was reasonable on a particular route we wanted. We found out, we couldn't book our seats until ticketing, which didn't happen until nearer the travel date. That mean we couldn't book our seats and the seats we ''preferred'' weren't available once we were able to book.

OK. not drastic but annoying. We learnt our lesson and book our own flights with our agent.

I know, from now on, you'll be pretty clued up with all routings for any part of the world you might want to visit, in future. That's how we operate now.

Comment

Thanks Mrs M. Yes ylou live and learn.

Comment

see if this link works, mixed economy/premium with Singapore to get 1 stop both ways from London
                              (expedia)

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X