• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Big Thumb Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
    Ditto, Dont write reviews or visit the q and a page as there is always a snotty remark,(Normally from the same 2 twits ) Such a pity because I remember when I first joined this Forum I learnt loads from it.
    I now just ask trusted Members on Forum. Jan.
    Same here Jan.

I consider myself to be an experienced cruiser myself these days having spent the past ten years cruising at a rate of 4/5 a year. We have tried lots of different cruise lines along the way too.
    However, if I need information on any cruise related subject now, I simply ask this forum. There are far more experienced cruisers on here than me who I know will be happy to help.

The Q/A section of this website is a waste of space in my book and I don't look at the reviews anymore either.
    Jill

Comment

Maybe a solution is to bring the Q & A across to the forum.
      This could then be in the same format ie you can quote respond answer comment etc
      It would also inject some more life into the Forum!

Comment

I also don't go to bother answering the Q & A, particularly so because of the layout and format but also because I have suddenly become a blankety blank. On the rare occasion I have answered it says -, - answered question instead of saying Bradbury of Coventry answered. and there was no option for me to complete any details nor change any record of my data.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
          I agree. I posted a review this week, but I'm not going back to read the snide remarks that I know will be there.
          By the way Judith, you have made it onto the bulletin page for the reviews! Woo hoo! Way to go girl. 😃

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
            I agree. I posted a review this week, but I'm not going back to read the snide remarks that I know will be there.
            Hi Judith
            Although I don't usually frequent the reviews section I've just read your very enjoyable blog and whilst very jealous of the itinerary I don't think I could cope with 5 weeks onboard.
            As others have said the ability to comment has been revoked and hopefully the thumbs are next.
            Thanks for taking the time to post it.
            Regards
            Garfield

Comment

Well I have just been able to leave a favourable comment on Judith's very interesting review of her cruise. I usually never read this section of the website and there are certainly some interesting perspectives from some of the reviews left on there. It puzzles me why people dont do some research on the cruises they are thinking of booking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lottie A, UK View Post
                Well I have just been able to leave a favourable comment on Judith's very interesting review of her cruise. I usually never read this section of the website and there are certainly some interesting perspectives from some of the reviews left on there. It puzzles me why people dont do some research on the cruises they are thinking of booking.
                You may have been able to comment, but I think you will find it has ended up in cyberspace like every other attempt.

BTW Where's Amar when we need him?..................Wilba
                Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post

You may have been able to comment, but I think you will find it has ended up in cyberspace like every other attempt.

BTW Where's Amar when we need him?..................Wilba
                  Well, that is really annoying. I had an email from cruise dot to say Thanks for the comment and they would inform the reviewer that it had been made. What is the point of having a Reviews section if people can't comment on the reviews? They should be screened first of course, but genuine comments should be posted.

Comment

There are lots of unanswered questions now on the site so this could be that people are not happy with this section now.
                    Also there are some not so nice responses to questions. If I don't like a question I just wouldn't waste my time answering it. What might seem a stupid question to an experienced cruiser may be a valid one to a cruise novice. No need to be rude.

Comment

• tdb, Brentwood
                      tdb, Brentwood commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well said. Absolutely right! Whether by an unpleasant remark or a red thumbs down, just why do some people need to do it? Some hapless people - people to be pitied rather than scorned - post reviews or ask questions that seem pointless or silly but why not just let it pass?

Just a last comment on the subject from me......

Cruisedot started this site with no Forum and very little else besides cruises, cruise reviews and questions. I know that Wilba and several others will remember those days.

It was that basic format and it attracted readers and that still continued to be a superb site with the Forum as an addition.

Things changed when it was thought that we needed to update and become modern with the addition of "Thumbs". Ok there had been one or two stupid eegits on the Cruise Reviews pages but they were recognised and warned, remember that this was and still is a site with limited monitoring.

The QA and the Review sections are now a waste of space because they are meaningless. You cannot rely of what is written. Now that, for a cruise site of this standing, is or should be devastating.

The answer is simple. Either stop the "Thumbs" and check for rubbishing on the reviews or BAN..... YES BAN the pathetic imbeciles who think that they can write unsubstantiated crap and put an end to this degradation. .........Neil

Comment

i don't answer questions since getting thumbs down on several answers that I knew from personal experience were correct. As for comments on reviews, i don't think they are needed because reviews are personal opinions. After seeing nasty comments on many reviews, I am glad they are no longer allowed, although I do admit to reading reviews from time to time and chuckling to myself over some of the things that people say have ruined their cruise. I can't sympathize with someone who allowed a lack of proper marmalade to spoil the whole cruise experience, but I wouldn't consider commenting on it.

Comment

• tdb, Brentwood
                        tdb, Brentwood commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Again, very well said; unlike the comment from ‘Neil’! Sadly, this otherwise very useful site is ruined not by the badly written or ill-informed reviews and questions - they are easily ignored and dismissed by the sensible - but by the self-appointed egocentrics who need to belittle reviews or questions when they get a chance.

Whenever this subject crops up the majority of forum members admit to no longer visiting the Q&A and Review sites because of its obvious problems.

I have always been a supporter of the Q&A site, the Review section slightly less so, and what bothers me is if those sites closed due to lack of interest/support, I see it as inevitable the Forum would also come to a very sudden end.

As I stated in my original post, the wealth of knowledge on this forum could make the Q&A something near as popular as it was, if only admin could open their eyes to the fact that many 'don't go there' for all the reasons given.

I say again "Where's Amar?"................Wilba
                      Wilba

Comment

Morning all,

I'd like to thank you all for your feedback on the subject.

As mentioned in this thread, this was discussed a couple of times with some members who offered their feedback not too long ago. I have passed on the concerns expressed by members to the relevant people in the team who will assess the situation. I will also pass on the additional concerns noted in this thread, as I have always done.

And just so all those know who are commenting about my whereabouts, I was on annual leave for the whole of last week and I have just returned to the office.

Comment

Morning Amar.

Good Holiday?..............Wilba
                          Wilba

Comment

Morning Amar
                            How dare you have time off.. ...hope you had a good time.

Hope you've saved enough vacation time (and cash) for the forum cruise

Regards
                            Garfield

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X