• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviews…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother (aged 70) died this afternoon from Covid 19. Had been double jabbed but wasn't as fit and healthy as he used to be (22 years in the Army, Regimental boxing champion, Staff sergeant). Contracted the virus 3 weeks ago. His daughter too distressed to give any other details.

I would like to have a quiet word with these naysayers.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
      My brother (aged 70) died this afternoon from Covid 19. Had been double jabbed but wasn't as fit and healthy as he used to be (22 years in the Army, Regimental boxing champion, Staff sergeant). Contracted the virus 3 weeks ago. His daughter too distressed to give any other details.

LMM
      I'm so sorry to hear your sad news LMM. I suspect however that a quiet word with those in denial, will probably bounce right off them.
      Jill

Comment

So sorry to hear the sad news about your brother LMM. My sincere condolences to you and all your family and in particular your niece.

🕯🕯🕯🕯

Comment

LMM
          Hi LMM

Sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family’

As for those who think Covid is a scamdemic, I am reminded of this saying.

“ None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see”.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

LMM
            What a shock to his family LMM. Sincere condiolences to all your family.

Annie

Comment

So sorry for your loss LMM. It’s horrible to think of, especially considering the fact that he had been vaccinated. Covid is such a cruel illness affecting so many people in different ways. My daughter is a respiratory physio on the front line and this past year has really been so hard for her and her colleagues. Please accept my deepest sympathies on your loss.

Take care. Helen🕯

Comment

Sad news LMM
                Our sincere condolences to you all.

Garf.

Comment

All the very best LMM at this difficult time.................Wilba
                  Wilba

Comment

Thank you all for your very kind thoughts.

It's difficult to comprehend that people refuse to believe professionals and are ready to believe influencers whose qualifications are - well - being influencers!

(Anti) social media has a lot to answer for.

Or is it our education system?

Our our liberalism?

Whatever it is our modern society seems to be broken and splintering fast with all opinions given equal validity without question.

And not just modern society given the resurgence of the Taliban.

Enough - I'm done. Empty.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts, wishes and prayers. I would not normally have mentioned this as I prefer private matters to remain - well private.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Thank you all for your very kind thoughts.

It's difficult to comprehend that people refuse to believe professionals and are ready to believe influencers whose qualifications are - well - being influencers!

(Anti) social media has a lot to answer for.

Or is it our education system?

Our our liberalism?

Whatever it is our modern society seems to be broken and splintering fast with all opinions given equal validity without question.

And not just modern society given the resurgence of the Taliban.

Enough - I'm done. Empty.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts, wishes and prayers. I would not normally have mentioned this as I prefer private matters to remain - well private.

LMM
                      My heart goes out to you and your family LMM, if only people would listen then it would stop the spread... I too know how heartbreaking it is, this horrendous disease has devastated so many families..
                      My nearest town has the highest Covid infection rate in the UK... It isn't over by a long way.
                      People who don't believe in the vaccine, or think it's all a conspiracy have onbviously not seen the heartbreak it's causing first hand.... All I can say is that they are lucky...
                      Thinking of you and your family xxx
                      Last edited by Tracey, East Yorkshire; 14th August 2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Condolences LMM very sorry to hear your news

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X