• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britannia transatlantic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britannia transatlantic

I have finally written my review of my first P&O cruise: http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revie...review-114428/

I noticed that there is another review of the same cruise, which is more negative than mine. The writer suggests that there were a lot of broken bones etc due to the rough sea conditions before we docked at Ponta Delgada. I think this may be something of an exaggeration. I saw one woman who had slipped up on a wet deck, and I have no idea whether or not she suffered any injury. However, my first thought when I saw her (she was being attended by others) that it was pretty stupid to be walking on a wet deck with rubber flip-flops.

One thing that did surprise me was that there were no USB ports in the cabin and the TV wasn't interactive. The ship was only launched in 2015, so I would have expected it to be more hi-tech.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
    I have finally written my review of my first P&O cruise: http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revie...review-114428/

I noticed that there is another review of the same cruise, which is more negative than mine. The writer suggests that there were a lot of broken bones etc due to the rough sea conditions before we docked at Ponta Delgada. I think this may be something of an exaggeration. I saw one woman who had slipped up on a wet deck, and I have no idea whether or not she suffered any injury. However, my first thought when I saw her (she was being attended by others) that it was pretty stupid to be walking on a wet deck with rubber flip-flops.

One thing that did surprise me was that there were no USB ports in the cabin and the TV wasn't interactive. The ship was only launched in 2015, so I would have expected it to be more hi-tech.
    Hi Yogini

Thanks for posting.

I did read the review which is rare for me and may I ask why you still prefer Royal Caribbean over P&O??

Annie

Comment

The answer to my preference isn't straightforward, and I recognise that it may be related to familiarity. Of course, this is only one experience of P&O, as opposed to 8 on RCI.

There are the obvious 'perks' such as the bathrobe, which I do find useful, the decent coffee machine in the diamond lounge and happy hour and the treats delivered to the cabin.

The entertainment has always been more varied on my RCI cruises. There have also been better activities on sea days. Just my opinion, of course.

I definitely wouldn't say no to another P&O cruise if the right one came up.

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      Hi Yogini

Thanks for posting.

I did read the review which is rare for me and may I ask why you still prefer Royal Caribbean over P&O??

Annie
      2018-

2019 -

2020 -
      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I've not sailed P&O sound found this interesting. What were your 7 table mates like?

Comment

We ranged from late 50s to early 90s; only two of us were still in employment. We did shuffle around the table every night, and got on pretty well.

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
          Thanks for sharing. I've not sailed P&O sound found this interesting. What were your 7 table mates like?
          2018-

2019 -

2020 -
          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Yogini. Shame about the weather but I thought it was a very good review. (I also read the other not so flattering one).

P&O aren't on our list of cruise lines to sail with anymore unless there was an absolute bargain going to the right place at the right time.
            We didn't enjoy some aspects of our last P&O which was enough to put us off.
            BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Thanks for the link and review. Not a cruise line that is on our radar but always nice to read of other experiences if not only to compound my preconceptions.
              Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 13th November 2016, 03:13 PM.
              www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Interesting review. I have mixed feeling about the ship, not certain whether or not to give it a try as don't really like the very big ships, but do like P&O. I find it interesting to read reviews from people who are travelling alone as have many friends who are Widows and always think a cruise is a good holiday on your own. Well done.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X