• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheres my review?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jan lowden, sunderland (2)
    started a topic Wheres my review?

Wheres my review?

Morning all, I put a review on here yesterday tea time and its still not showing on the page, I have put reviews on here before and on average only waited a few hours to be able to read the post. I have searched the reviews by cruise line but no luck. I hope it has not gone into cyber space as it took me a while to write it and I am 1st to admit I am not speed demon on the keyboard!!! Jan.

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
    Jasmine can I ask, is the content checked by a person?

If so then do all reviews make it on to the site even though they are of trips taken years ago on ships or lines that are no longer in operation and have no relevance.Carol
    Hi Carol, yes! However, we only remove reviews that have abusive or offensive language - we pride our Review section on not changing or editing reviews, so although they may seem irrelevant, we don't remove any that aren't offensive or abusive.
    Despite them not being the most helpful now, they are still reviewing a past cruise so we don't delete those.
    I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please throw them at me.
    I am your first point of contact on the Forum so even if it is a tiny question, I'm happy to help

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Wilba View Post
    Jasmine, it would help if there is a delay in moderation, be it one day or four days, the review gets posted on the day it is cleared so that it appears at the top, not buried four pages in..............Wilba
    Thanks for your feedback, Wilba! I'll speak to our IT Dept to see if this is possible - it does seem as if this would work better!

Leave a comment:

• Guy, Ormskirk
    replied
    Jasmine can I ask, is the content checked by a person?

If so then do all reviews make it on to the site even though they are of trips taken years ago on ships or lines that are no longer in operation and have no relevance.Carol

Leave a comment:

• Wilba
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasmine, Redditch View Post
    The reason that reviews sometimes take a day or so to appear on the site is due to them going into moderation.
    We have a list of words/phrases on the site that can mean your review is put into moderation, meaning we have to check which context the word or phrase was used in.
    There are certain times of the year in which we have a lot of reviews, so therefore more appear in moderation.
    We work through them as quickly as we can to check whether there is any forbidden language, but this process shouldn't take any longer than a day.

If you experience your review being lost for longer than this, please drop me an email!
    Hope that this helps, everyone!
    Jasmine, it would help if there is a delay in moderation, be it one day or four days, the review gets posted on the day it is cleared so that it appears at the top, not buried four pages in..............Wilba

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    I totally agree with you there. Mine are always very long and very detailed.
    Those that simply say we had a lovely cruise, enjoyed the food and thats it, seem to get through ok.
    The reason that reviews sometimes take a day or so to appear on the site is due to them going into moderation.
    We have a list of words/phrases on the site that can mean your review is put into moderation, meaning we have to check which context the word or phrase was used in.
    There are certain times of the year in which we have a lot of reviews, so therefore more appear in moderation.
    We work through them as quickly as we can to check whether there is any forbidden language, but this process shouldn't take any longer than a day.

If you experience your review being lost for longer than this, please drop me an email!
    Hope that this helps, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_C, Worthing View Post
    I've had the same experience as Bradbury, so I've stopped posting. Took more than a week for the last one to get published, then it was four pages in and very few people saw it. Waste of time. Detailed reviews seem to be the problem. The ones that are just long enough to merit a free Berlitz guide but don't actually tell you anything useful seem to go through OK!
    I totally agree with you there. Mine are always very long and very detailed.
    Those that simply say we had a lovely cruise, enjoyed the food and thats it, seem to get through ok.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasmine, Redditch View Post
    Hi Bradbury,
    If you have issues such as these in future, please drop me a PM or email me at jasminep@cruise.co.uk
    I am happy to sort any issues for you all
    Thanks Jasmine. Of course I know you will sort it and thanks for sorting my review a couple of weeks ago. However the point being why do some take so long in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_C, Worthing
    replied
    I've had the same experience as Bradbury, so I've stopped posting. Took more than a week for the last one to get published, then it was four pages in and very few people saw it. Waste of time. Detailed reviews seem to be the problem. The ones that are just long enough to merit a free Berlitz guide but don't actually tell you anything useful seem to go through OK!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    I can understand your frustration. Mine always go into Cyberspace (Moderation) probably down to the fact I write very detailed lengthy reviews.
    I usually have to ask one of the Admin team to dig it out and make sure its published, especially as in the past they have been pending moderation for over a week, then get published some four or five pages back down the list where they dont get seen.
    Hi Bradbury,
    If you have issues such as these in future, please drop me a PM or email me at jasminep@cruise.co.uk
    I am happy to sort any issues for you all

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
    Morning all, I put a review on here yesterday tea time and its still not showing on the page, I have put reviews on here before and on average only waited a few hours to be able to read the post. I have searched the reviews by cruise line but no luck. I hope it has not gone into cyber space as it took me a while to write it and I am 1st to admit I am not speed demon on the keyboard!!! Jan.
    Hi Jan,
    Can you PM me? I will sort this issue for you!

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    post on the forum if CD want them on the review pages let them sort it out.
    Last edited by Topdeck, London; 8th August 2016, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wilba
    replied
    I stopped posting on the review section for two reasons.

When it takes two or three days to appear, it will appear in date order of posting. i.e. it gets buried by next two or three days post.

So if it is at a time of the year when lots of reviews are posted, it can be as far back as a couple of pages, hence a waste of time.

Second reason is the trolls.

BTW Jan I always type long posts/blogs/reviews to a Word Doc. then copy and paste..............Wilba

Leave a comment:

• jan lowden, sunderland (2)
    replied
    Thanks Bradbury, I have pm,d Dave from ad min but waiting for a reply. I will scroll through other reviews and see if I can find it. Jan.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    I can understand your frustration. Mine always go into Cyberspace (Moderation) probably down to the fact I write very detailed lengthy reviews.
    I usually have to ask one of the Admin team to dig it out and make sure its published, especially as in the past they have been pending moderation for over a week, then get published some four or five pages back down the list where they dont get seen.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X