• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruby princess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ruby princess

    We are booked on the Ruby Princess on the 1/9/11 anyone been on this ship lately.
    We last sailed on Princess 2007 on the Sapphire Princes around Australia & South
    Pacific and we had a brilliant cruise hope Princess are still as good.

    #2
    Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
    We are booked on the Ruby Princess on the 1/9/11 anyone been on this ship lately.
    We last sailed on Princess 2007 on the Sapphire Princes around Australia & South
    Pacific and we had a brilliant cruise hope Princess are still as good.
    Hi
    Your post is lost inside the webcam / buildimg section. Look for the maim section by cruiseline on meeting onboard, a whole section exists by ship

    On another note, how was your cruise around Australia in 2007 as we will be going on the Dawn Princess around Australia this September
    Any advice ?? thanks
    sigpicRob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
      We are booked on the Ruby Princess on the 1/9/11 anyone been on this ship lately.
      We last sailed on Princess 2007 on the Sapphire Princes around Australia & South
      Pacific and we had a brilliant cruise hope Princess are still as good.
      Hi Little R R, my sister and I have done this same cruise 4 times. We love Princess and have cruised with them lots of times. We are looking forward to sailing on her again. It is a great itinery with so many fantastic ports, and we love the ship. Mary

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Rob, Our Australia cruise was one of our best cruises. We stayed in Sydney for 4 days before the cruise which was well worth it. Cruising through the Barrier Reef is fantastic. If you are calling at Hamilton Island don't forget your driving license when you go ashore otherwise you won't be able to hire a golf buggy (only transport on the Island) to get around. If you let me know the places you will be calling I may have some more tips.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
          Hi Rob, Our Australia cruise was one of our best cruises. We stayed in Sydney for 4 days before the cruise which was well worth it. Cruising through the Barrier Reef is fantastic. If you are calling at Hamilton Island don't forget your driving license when you go ashore otherwise you won't be able to hire a golf buggy (only transport on the Island) to get around. If you let me know the places you will be calling I may have some more tips.
          Thank you, appreciated
          Here is the Itinerary for our cruise and we also will spend days in Sydney plus one after the cruise.
          Princess Cruises : 28 days Round Australia roundtrip From Sydney : Details & Availability
          sigpicRob
          Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Rob, Victoria , Canada View Post
            Thank you, appreciated
            Here is the Itinerary for our cruise and we also will spend days in Sydney plus one after the cruise.
            Princess Cruises : 28 days Round Australia roundtrip From Sydney : Details & Availability
            Hi Rob, Wow what an itinerary for Australia. We sailed through the Barrier Reef then onto Cairns,Hamilton Island,Darwin. When then sailed round New Zealand and then onto the South Pacific through to the Hawaiian Islands finished up in L.A. Five weeks in total. Sorry I won't be able to pass on any more tips for your cruise. I thought,for what ever reason,you would be doing a similar cruise.
            Have a fantastic time and enjoy every minute.

            Comment


              #7
              Somewhere you asked if the Princess line service is as good as prior 2007.
              We sailed on Sea Princess 11/10 fr 14 days and Golden Princess 05/11 for 4 days , service was wonderful and not an issue for us
              Only exception is wine steward is now your table steward and they seem to have made the library smaller but added some more shops in the Atirum
              sigpicRob
              Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

              Comment


                #8
                Ruby Princess

                Originally posted by Mary R, Maryport View Post
                Hi Little R R, my sister and I have done this same cruise 4 times. We love Princess and have cruised with them lots of times. We are looking forward to sailing on her again. It is a great itinery with so many fantastic ports, and we love the ship. Mary
                My wife and I returned from the Grand mediterranean cruise on May 28th 2011.
                This was our fifth cruise qwith Princess having previously sailed on the Dawn, Coral and twice on the Sea Princess.
                Since we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary we thought it would be appropriate to try the Ruby Princess. We were in no way disappointed. Everything was first class from beginning to end although some of the organised excursions were rather too long.
                The food and service were as usual superb and everything went as expected with Princess. We have also sailed with Costa and Thompson but always return to Princess as we have never been able to find fault with them

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ditto------Princess for me, far and away some of the best entertainment+ food.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The Ruby was lovely we did her last year.The new central wine bar with complimentry tapas was a lovely newish feature!

                    Comment


                    We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.


                    By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

                    Working...
                    X