• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtuosa in Liverpool today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

It's obvious JC.

They will sell the knowledge gleaned from the wristbands to the evil, wicked USA pharmaceutical and private health care industries to make vast profits.

I am surprised you had to ask.

PS Probably already doing that with samples of whatever you flush down the toilet on cruises. Who knows what data they can collect from 3,000 - 5,000 samples times 5 times a day for 7 days.
    Hi John
    By knowing everything about everyone,their likes,dislikes,what ails them etc etc……thats how Capitalism works.

I would be surprised if you didn’t know that
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

What does the protocol say JC?? I think the Healthy Sail protocol is available on MSC website.
      Stress Free Cruising – Flexible & Safe Holidays | MSC Cruises

i think I know but confirm I have not read it in detail as I do not plan to sail MSC.

Annie
      Hi Annie
      Well I have just read your link and I can find nothing that says what you should do if you have been in contact with another passenger who has been diagnosed with Covid.

Now what does the NHS say if through the T&T system it shows you have been in contact with someone with Covid.

Do you know what info the wristband holds,,can it tell you if you have been in close contact with those Covid passengers told to leave the ship.
      Maltese authorities must have been concerned with MSC lack of protocol it wouldn’t let the ship dock.

Fingers crossed there are no more cases and passengers only lose one port of call,,,,,but questions need to be asked re protocol.

Saying a wristband will sort the problem doesn’t wash.

JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Annie
        Well I have just read your link and I can find nothing that says what you should do if you have been in contact with another passenger who has been diagnosed with Covid.

Now what does the NHS say if through the T&T system it shows you have been in contact with someone with Covid.

Do you know what info the wristband holds,,can it tell you if you have been in close contact with those Covid passengers told to leave the ship.
        Maltese authorities must have been concerned with MSC lack of protocol it wouldn’t let the ship dock.

Fingers crossed there are no more cases and passengers only lose one port of call,,,,,but questions need to be asked re protocol.

Saying a wristband will sort the problem doesn’t wash.

JC
        Hi JC

Different protocol for sailings in the Med which are not applicable to us as we are not members of the Schengen area. This includes all passengers being tested again during their cruise.

There was a long thread in the other place where someone detailed how MSC handled a previous incident. MSC has agreed ports where they can unload affected passengers.

What info is held on the wristbands is best answered by forum members who have sailed MSC this year.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi JC

Different protocol for sailings in the Med which are not applicable to us as we are not members of the Schengen area. This includes all passengers being tested again during their cruise.

There was a long thread in the other place where someone detailed how MSC handled a previous incident. MSC has agreed ports where they can unload affected passengers.

What info is held on the wristbands is best answered by forum members who have sailed MSC this year.

Annie
          I suspect little or even nothing.

You want the disposable part as cheap as possible

Basic RFID gets most of the functions needed without any power source in the band.
          Might need to add power for a fully featured tracking service anywhere on the ship, still no need for any info to be held on the band.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X