• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 Night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise with Celebrity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    14 Night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise with Celebrity

    Hello, another newbie here.
    Has anyone cruised the Baltic in August? If so I am curious as to how they found the climate both day and night? I much prefer the heat but the itinerary on this cruise swayed it so I booked for next year. Two mid night departures and a 2 day stay in St Petersburg look good.Any thoughts?

    #2
    Very sorry to say we haven't yet cruised the Baltic in August.

    We are however very envious of your choice & most anxious to hear about your trip & from other Baltic Cruisers. We think Celebrity is FABULOUS, except for excessively costly "Beverage Packages" & Wireless 'dis-service' aka expensive & inoperative most of the time in many cabins the I-Lounge & on all 3 of our WiFi devices, in port & at sea, specifically on the 9/15/2011 Celebrity Silhouette Holy Land Cruise. Perhaps they will get the 'bugs' worked out, after all the ship is nearly new. Still & regardless anyone who put up with this SHOULD have gotten their choice of a 100% refund OR 10 times normal C.C. Credit for the abuse & nearly complete lack of service.

    Hope you have selected an outside cabin with balcony, 'Anytime Dining' and will decide to try the 'Speciality Restaurants.' ENJOY! One last thought, Please consider arranging your own tours before departure, on-line or in port, after you arrive. It's easy, much less costly, gives you the choice of what & how much you see & doesn't make you wait for the slowest of 80 or so to get 'back on the bus.' We prefer tours with 6-12 where the group chooses the itinerary & length of the stops OR just going off together to visit the places we've selected!

    Comment


      #3
      Hi, We went to the Baltic in May and the weather was fabulous, i think the weather is a bit like here, mixed, but it won't be cold and you will have a fantastic time, theres some lovely places to visit............................................. .............Carol

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks Carol, good to hear you enjoyed the Baltic. I am looking forward to it very much but was a little apprehensive as I am a sun worshipper at heart.

        Hultine, I cruised the Eastern Med on Equinox in July and thought the Premier Beverage Package was a bargain. It worked out at $38 a day and I must have averaged at least $70. Perhaps that says more about me than the package price mind. We had an outside cabin Concierge Class and opted for anytime dining which was perfect. I am going Aqua this time so that we can eat in Blu which I have heard nothing but good reports about. As for the tours I learnt the hard way. This time I won't be using organised tours. We will just get off and do our own thing, more fun less cost.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Pig Launcher, Spennymoor View Post
          Thanks Carol, good to hear you enjoyed the Baltic. I am looking forward to it very much but was a little apprehensive as I am a sun worshipper at heart.

          Hultine, I cruised the Eastern Med on Equinox in July and thought the Premier Beverage Package was a bargain. It worked out at $38 a day and I must have averaged at least $70. Perhaps that says more about me than the package price mind. We had an outside cabin Concierge Class and opted for anytime dining which was perfect. I am going Aqua this time so that we can eat in Blu which I have heard nothing but good reports about. As for the tours I learnt the hard way. This time I won't be using organised tours. We will just get off and do our own thing, more fun less cost.
          Everywhere was easy to do your own thing, except Russia, I'm not even sure if your allowed to go off on your own if your not on one. But you don't have to use the ships tours you can book before hand with other tour operatours.
          There are some stunning places around............................................ ............................Carol

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
            Everywhere was easy to do your own thing, except Russia, I'm not even sure if your allowed to go off on your own if your not on one. But you don't have to use the ships tours you can book before hand with other tour operatours.
            There are some stunning places around............................................ ............................Carol
            What did you do in St Petersburg, were you there two days?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Pig Launcher, Spennymoor View Post
              What did you do in St Petersburg, were you there two days?
              Saw just about everything...

              http://www.cruises.co.uk/295-baltic/...etersburg.html

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Pig Launcher, Spennymoor View Post
                Thanks Carol, good to hear you enjoyed the Baltic. I am looking forward to it very much but was a little apprehensive as I am a sun worshipper at heart.

                Hultine, I cruised the Eastern Med on Equinox in July and thought the Premier Beverage Package was a bargain. It worked out at $38 a day and I must have averaged at least $70. Perhaps that says more about me than the package price mind. We had an outside cabin Concierge Class and opted for anytime dining which was perfect. I am going Aqua this time so that we can eat in Blu which I have heard nothing but good reports about. As for the tours I learnt the hard way. This time I won't be using organised tours. We will just get off and do our own thing, more fun less cost.
                Not sure about a Premier Beverage Package with Celebrity?

                Unless of course there are variations throughout the Celebrity fleet.
                Last edited by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent; 21st October 2011, 03:20 PM. Reason: picture didn't show

                Comment


                  #9
                  Did the Baltic in late July this year on QV. Weather very mixed except St Petersburg where it was 35C and 90% humidity! Please be aware that if you want to go DIY, you must have a full Russian visa before you leave UK. 12 pax on our trip were refused entry as they did not have the correct visa.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                    Not sure about a Premier Beverage Package with Celebrity?



                    Unless of course there are variations throughout the Celebrity fleet.
                    Sorry it was 38 GPB a day not dollars. Looking at that package nothing has changed $62 is 38 GBP at todays exchange rate. I got more than my monies worth. Several friends I made on the cruise bitterly regretted not buying the package by the end of the trip. Some bills were enormous.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Leslie, London View Post
                      Did the Baltic in late July this year on QV. Weather very mixed except St Petersburg where it was 35C and 90% humidity! Please be aware that if you want to go DIY, you must have a full Russian visa before you leave UK. 12 pax on our trip were refused entry as they did not have the correct visa.
                      Thanks for that, very interesting. I take it if you prebook the organised trips there is no hassle?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                        I will look in to that Richard. Thanks.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Pig Launcher, Spennymoor View Post
                          Thanks for that, very interesting. I take it if you prebook the organised trips there is no hassle?
                          Yes, if you take the ship's excursions then they have a block visa which means you don't need to organise your own.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Leslie, London View Post
                            Yes, if you take the ship's excursions then they have a block visa which means you don't need to organise your own.
                            Did you get much time to wander without a guide?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Pig Launcher, Spennymoor View Post
                              Did you get much time to wander without a guide?
                              None whatsoever! But that is the official line; I just would not wish to try the rules

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X