• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Princess In Liverpool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Princess In Liverpool

IMGP2824
    IMGP2825
    IMGP2826
    IMGP2827
    Lovely day in Liverpool today .Didn't see Timothy, but think I heard his laugh

We were anchored off st Peter's Port on Thursday alongside her . We didn't go ashore there as I don't like tenders but apparently the queues for returning to the ship were very long compared to QV but then I guess Royal Princess has a lot more passengers.
    Great pictures of her visit
    Last edited by Bigsis, Waterlooville; 10th June 2018, 05:01 PM.
    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

I've only been on her for lunch and a tour, just before she went on her maiden voyage, but she is a very pretty ship (internally). Would love to do a round Britain tour on her one day .................................................. ..............Carol

Comment

There is a nice cruise around Britain on the 5th August which we would love to go on but there are no coaches from our neck of the woods with Princess , We have done two Princess cruises from Southampton where we have had to drive to Leeds Bradford Airport and then fly down such a nuisance cant be bothered to do that again .
        Wont drive down now too far for us , only other option is the train but then we have to cart all our luggage about , so I think we will be giving it a miss . such a shame , have done 2 round Britain cruises and enjoyed them.

Comment

[QUOTE=mauden, billingham;846266]There is a nice cruise around Britain on the 5th August which we would love to go on but there are no coaches from our neck of the woods with Princess , We have done two Princess cruises from Southampton where we have had to drive to Leeds Bradford Airport and then fly down such a nuisance cant be bothered to do that again .
          Wont drive down now too far for us , only other option is the train but then we have to cart all our luggage about , so I think we will be giving it a miss . such a shame , have done 2 round Britain cruises and enjoyed them.[/Q

Have you thought about taking the train down to Southampton. We live in Stockton and my brother often get the train down from Darlington. If you didn't want to lug your cases you could send them via the Baggage Handling Company which is what I am doing this week. We will be taking a slow drive down , stopping at a couple of hotels en route. This option saves me having to take cases in and out of the hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by mauden, billingham View Post
            There is a nice cruise around Britain on the 5th August which we would love to go on but there are no coaches from our neck of the woods with Princess , We have done two Princess cruises from Southampton where we have had to drive to Leeds Bradford Airport and then fly down such a nuisance cant be bothered to do that again .
            Wont drive down now too far for us , only other option is the train but then we have to cart all our luggage about , so I think we will be giving it a miss . such a shame , have done 2 round Britain cruises and enjoyed them.
            Hi Mauden
            Eavesway do Princess cruise pick ups in your part of the world,,,but their website only shows Sapphire Princess sailings.
            Have you rang them?
            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

On Board Royal Princess

Hello all,

Eavesway would definitely be a good company to use for transfers down to Southampton.

If you are thinking about sailing onboard Royal Princess and haven't yet I would definitely recommend going. She is a beautiful ship. In May I sailed from South Queensferry to Southampton and was onboard for 3 Nights and it was great. You can read more about my time onboard in my blog here.

And of course, if you have any questions at all about the Royal Princess do not hesitate to drop me a message either on the forum or via email (avan@cruise.co.uk)

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi Mauden
                Eavesway do Princess cruise pick ups in your part of the world,,,but their website only shows Sapphire Princess sailings.
                Have you rang them?
                JC
                Yes I rang them and they only do Sapphire Princess,

Comment

We were planning to go on her on the round Britain cruise in August , we also had lunch and a tour on her courtesy of CD, we can no longer go to the med ect. [ insurance too expensive]. However because of recent hospital stay and treatment ,it's looking as though we won't make it.CG
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                    We were planning to go on her on the round Britain cruise in August , we also had lunch and a tour on her courtesy of CD, we can no longer go to the med ect. [ insurance too expensive]. However because of recent hospital stay and treatment ,it's looking as though we won't make it.CG
                    Hi CG.
                    How has your health problem been?
                    We are now in the same position as you are ,both under investigation for various things,Hoping we make it for the cruise we have booked in Sept ,which may well be our last one....Taffy
                    ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                      Hi CG.
                      How has your health problem been?
                      We are now in the same position as you are ,both under investigation for various things,Hoping we make it for the cruise we have booked in Sept ,which may well be our last one....Taffy
                      Hi Taffy and CG

Sorry to read this - wishing you well and hope both of you make your cruises.

Annie

Comment

Me too hope you both get some good news.

Comment

Thanks Annie and Philhar.

It is the cost of insurance that will stop us cruising, each condition we have adds more to the premiums .
                          We would never travel without the Doctors saying it is OK ,and eventually it is not cost effective, we can holiday in the UK not the first choice but not a bad one....Taffy
                          ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X