• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos of people to make you realise how lucky we are!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Photos of people to make you realise how lucky we are!

    Just a few pictures of what life is like for these people who can not travel on a cruise ship. Not even a life raft, or a canoe down the river.
    Not to mention the Queens Grill on Cunard. Just thank your lucky stars, and their for the grace of God go I.
    I am humbled to have witness such nice people.
    Rabaul Papua New Guinea


    SOUTH KOREA.



    XIAMEN CHINA

    MACOU

    VIETNAM

    INDIA








    Last edited by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS; 25th June 2014, 04:06 PM.

    #2
    Thanks for posting MM.

    Annie

    Comment


      #3
      Sometimes we need to be reminded of what we have and not what we haven't got - thanks MM
      Cheers Drew and Linda

      Comment


        #4
        I'm not quite sure all of them would agree with you that our life would be an enhancement over theirs. Perhaps, perhaps not.

        But I understand your sentiment.

        Bill
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/okwd9apbxzcvxmq/maid%20of%20the%20loch.jpg?dl=0

        Lawnmowerman

        Comment


          #5
          Yes..Makes you realise how lucky we are. Thanks for the pictures MM, Jan.

          Comment


            #6
            It always amazes me, how some people have so much and others have nothing........................................... ...........................Carol

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              It always amazes me, how some people have so much and others have nothing........................................... ...........................Carol
              I agree Carol and in some respects they probably appreciate what they have instead of taking things for granted.
              Oriana
              Oceana
              Ventura
              Queen Mary 2
              Queen Victoria
              Queen Elizabeth

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
                I'm not quite sure all of them would agree with you that our life would be an enhancement over theirs. Perhaps, perhaps not.

                But I understand your sentiment.

                Bill
                I agree Bill, in my world I get stress from work, home life, financial stress and all that everyday, sometimes I think a simpler lifestyle is not a bad thing, I also understand the sentiment in MM's post, but the photo's in my opinion don't necessarily show poverty, but just different ways of life, and given the option I bet they wouldn't swap their lifestyle for mine.

                NB.
                Last edited by Norfolkboy, Norfolk; 20th June 2014, 09:03 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Norfolkboy, Norfolk View Post
                  I agree Bill, in my world I get stress from work, home life, financial stress and all that everyday, sometimes I think a simpler lifestyle is not a bad thing, I also understand the sentiment in MM's post, but the photo's in my opinion don't necessarily show poverty, but just different ways of life, and given the option I bet they wouldn't swap their lifestyle for mine.

                  NB.
                  These people were poor, believe me, they were not unhappy people, but poor for certain. I doubt they would be booking in to the Grills on Cunard. You see a lot of poverty when you go around the world. Makes one grateful for what we have.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
                    These people were poor, believe me, they were not unhappy people, but poor for certain. I doubt they would be booking in to the Grills on Cunard. You see a lot of poverty when you go around the world. Makes one grateful for what we have.
                    Hi Maggiemou, I don't question for one minute that they are poor, but money and material things are not always the be all and end all, most of those in your photographs look relatively happy so good for them, and to be honest they probably couldn't cope with our lifestyles, they certainly wouldn't want to travel grills on Cunard, me neither not my style, I prefer to slum it with the masses

                    NB.
                    Last edited by Norfolkboy, Norfolk; 20th June 2014, 10:02 PM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Great photos Maggie.

                      Yes we should all be grateful for what he have, not what we don't have. However not everyone thinks like that. Me!!Me!!!Me!!!!

                      Comment


                        #12


                        x

                        Comment


                          #13
                          When I was living in Africa, I was asked by a Customs lady working on the Botswana/South Africa border how many children I had. I told her I had four. She replied to me "you are very rich". "All that glitters" etc.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            We got off the ship in Cambodia, walked into town and saw 6 children from 3-6 years old. My darling is a sucker for kids, so she talked to them and gave them some chocolate. They immediately shared it out between them. We thought how our children in our country would have kept it for themselves. They were so happy and my darling had tears in her eyes as they seemed to have nothing but shared without any pressure and laughed and chattered.
                            Ta ra,
                            Alan

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Most of the people in the photos just looked like normal hard working people. Yes they may not have whatever we perceive as riches but they can be rich in other ways. Material things are not important to most people family and friends are.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X