• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braemar not sailing until 2023

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annie, Glasgow
    started a topic Braemar not sailing until 2023

Braemar not sailing until 2023

HI All

FO have pushed back the sail dates for Braemar and Bamoral:

Fred. Olsen Pushes Restart Dates of 2 Ships; Braemar Now 2023 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Annie

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Look like "latest activity" filters out the games(maybe other)

​​​​​​ gets a better set for those looking for cruise related but there are no links to your first unread post on the thread so not very useful.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

it's a search result from the link recent activity at the top in the nav bar you need to use

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/recent-activity

It's threads ordered by latest post to the thread decending.

Most recent activity is at the top.

If you are using latest activity on the main page just below the consultants.

that does not work as it does not have the links to latest unread post
    the order is right threads with the most recent activity.

​​​​​
    Thanks for the clarification. Have to say I'm not really au fait with the fine detail of how the Forum searches are set up so thanks for the information. Apologies if I'm being a bit pedantic but in my mind "latest activity" equals the most recent posts? Well that would be logical to me, obviously not to Cruise.co.

The Recent Activity seems to be primarily games etc which I'm not particularly interested in but they must be the topics most used. At least I know now. Thanks again for that.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Precisely TD. I think the beans counters know what they are doing- let's hope so anyway.
    Given some recent pricing they have not been reaching tragedy capacity but I don't follow FO pax numbers that closely.

if things improve a lot allowing lines can increase capacity closer to 100% they are probably best getting those number up first while preparing the next ship for sailing.

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Look at the rest of the lines and what capacity they have running.
    ​​​​Still loads of ships laid up.

FO has 4 ships delaying ~20% of capacity(smallest) till end of year is probably not that much of a problem.

If things pick up they can bring it on line in a few months.

Precisely TD. I think the beans counters know what they are doing- let's hope so anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Look at the rest of the lines and what capacity they have running.
    ​​​​Still loads of ships laid up.

FO has 4 ships delaying ~20% of capacity(smallest) till end of year is probably not that much of a problem.

If things pick up they can bring it on line in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

So what does FO know that the rest of the world doesn't know if they are cancelling a major part of their capacity for the whole of 2022? Other lines cancelling ships are only doing it for the next couple of months.

Are they perhaps having major money problems?
    That family are minted. Probably the 2 ex-HAL vessels are simply more profitable when they are sailing.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    HI All

FO have pushed back the sail dates for Braemar and Bamoral:

Fred. Olsen Pushes Restart Dates of 2 Ships; Braemar Now 2023 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Annie
    So what does FO know that the rest of the world doesn't know if they are cancelling a major part of their capacity for the whole of 2022? Other lines cancelling ships are only doing it for the next couple of months.

Are they perhaps having major money problems?

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Unfortunately the Latest Activity folder isn't in date order. Surely anything that was posted today should be at the top not mixed up with posts from later dates. No wonder people don't use it and posts get lost.
    it's a search result from the link recent activity at the top in the nav bar you need to use

It's threads ordered by latest post to the thread decending.

Most recent activity is at the top.

If you are using latest activity on the main page just below the consultants.

that does not work as it does not have the links to latest unread post
    the order is right threads with the most recent activity.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied

That because people(maybe yourself as well) don't use the recent activity link which has all threads in latest activity order.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/new-topics

the todays activity gets closer but only if someone was active in the last 24hrs on that thread, any older and you don't see it.,

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/todays-topics

Using the main page you miss loads as threads drop off quickly even the very active ones.
    https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/

The recent post after 8 new ones. the hot 4 day after well 4 days,
    Unfortunately the Latest Activity folder isn't in date order. Surely anything that was posted today should be at the top not mixed up with posts from later dates. No wonder people don't use it and posts get lost.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

I couldn't find it, so if anyone is interested, herewith 'report' from my friend who was dumped in La Coruna.
    My Christmas and New Year Cruise Ship CUNARD Queen Elizabeth had Covid and I caught it . With 70 other Passengers they off loaded us in LaCoruna Northern Spain . We were put into Isolation in a very swish Hotel .

Not allowed out of the Room at any time until Tuesday . We had a Care Team checking on us and got us things we needed . It was also Christmas (sic) in Spain . We were well cared for .

Needed Fit To Fly and PCR Negative , then to re-do the Passenger Locator Form for Spain and UK .

LaCoruna is a very isolated part of Spain and we all discussed flights home as the local Airport was very small. LaCoruna -Madrid _ Heathrow --Birmingham for me was about 15 hours at least as nothing direct or to Birmingham .

My Travel Insurance people were excellent -- they arranged a Flight from Santiago ( The Pilgrimage Airport ) to Stanstead—a Taxi from the Hotel to Airport and a Taxi waiting for me at Stanstead to get home .

Up to Madeira the Cruise was really good but people started to disappear from tables and we realised that people had been taken off at some of the Islands .

Anyway quite a trip do not think I would trust Cunard again because the QE started another Cruise and then dropped 10 more Covid Passengers off in LaCoruna while we were there . We were all very angry to find this out .

Home now getting my 2Day PCR and wondering if I have to Isolate for another 7 days ?
    I understand it is not Cunard or any other cruise line that “dumps passengers off”. It is the country the ship is visiting that demands that any infected passengers are disembarked and are put into quarantine ashore in that country. The cruise line has no say in the matter.

Having said that I imagine the cruise line is quietly pleased to have sources of infection removed so as not to infect other passengers.

Leave a comment:

• smtcan, Scarborough
    replied
    Set your browser to desktop viewing or just bookmark the links

Cruise Dot messed up the mobile view.
    Thanks. It really doesn’t bother me, it's just weird that the two are so different.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Set your browser to desktop viewing or just bookmark the links

Cruise Dot messed up the mobile view.

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

On my laptop I use recent activity but I don’t see any way of doing that on my iPad.

Sheila
    Same here, it’s not a major issue, is it ?

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

On my laptop I use recent activity but I don’t see any way of doing that on my iPad.

Sheila
    Snap - after day 5 many threads disappear from quick view whatever device I use.

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X