• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braemar not sailing until 2023

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    HI All

FO have pushed back the sail dates for Braemar and Bamoral:

Fred. Olsen Pushes Restart Dates of 2 Ships; Braemar Now 2023 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Annie
    So what does FO know that the rest of the world doesn't know if they are cancelling a major part of their capacity for the whole of 2022? Other lines cancelling ships are only doing it for the next couple of months.

Are they perhaps having major money problems?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

So what does FO know that the rest of the world doesn't know if they are cancelling a major part of their capacity for the whole of 2022? Other lines cancelling ships are only doing it for the next couple of months.

Are they perhaps having major money problems?
      That family are minted. Probably the 2 ex-HAL vessels are simply more profitable when they are sailing.

Annie

Comment

Look at the rest of the lines and what capacity they have running.
        ​​​​Still loads of ships laid up.

FO has 4 ships delaying ~20% of capacity(smallest) till end of year is probably not that much of a problem.

If things pick up they can bring it on line in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Look at the rest of the lines and what capacity they have running.
          ​​​​Still loads of ships laid up.

FO has 4 ships delaying ~20% of capacity(smallest) till end of year is probably not that much of a problem.

If things pick up they can bring it on line in a few months.

Precisely TD. I think the beans counters know what they are doing- let's hope so anyway.
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Precisely TD. I think the beans counters know what they are doing- let's hope so anyway.
            Given some recent pricing they have not been reaching tragedy capacity but I don't follow FO pax numbers that closely.

if things improve a lot allowing lines can increase capacity closer to 100% they are probably best getting those number up first while preparing the next ship for sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

it's a search result from the link recent activity at the top in the nav bar you need to use

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/recent-activity

It's threads ordered by latest post to the thread decending.

Most recent activity is at the top.

If you are using latest activity on the main page just below the consultants.

that does not work as it does not have the links to latest unread post
              the order is right threads with the most recent activity.

​​​​​
              Thanks for the clarification. Have to say I'm not really au fait with the fine detail of how the Forum searches are set up so thanks for the information. Apologies if I'm being a bit pedantic but in my mind "latest activity" equals the most recent posts? Well that would be logical to me, obviously not to Cruise.co.

The Recent Activity seems to be primarily games etc which I'm not particularly interested in but they must be the topics most used. At least I know now. Thanks again for that.

Comment

Look like "latest activity" filters out the games(maybe other)

​​​​​​ gets a better set for those looking for cruise related but there are no links to your first unread post on the thread so not very useful.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X